scuba girl help in nassau

ccamp

Our group would like to go to the beach in a peaceful area, we don't want to get in trouble being in a hotel area where we are not allowed but would at least like restroom facilities. There are 10 of us so I am not sure if there is tranportation to accomodate everyone or do we need to walk. It is very confusing for me as I am trying to figure out what is private or public.

Thanks for any advice you may have.

• 2 weeks later...
Our group would like to go to the beach in a peaceful area, we don't want to get in trouble being in a hotel area where we are not allowed but would at least like restroom facilities. There are 10 of us so I am not sure if there is tranportation to accomodate everyone or do we need to walk. It is very confusing for me as I am trying to figure out what is private or public.

Thanks for any advice you may have.

There are no public beaches with bathroom facilities (except during spring break when Lighthouse beach is cleaned up and put in operation). But then, it's party central, and you don't really want to be there.

So.. you're choices are still the Hotel Beaches at Cable Beach, Cabbage Beach on Paradise Island with no facilities, or take a day tour to Blackbeards Cay or Pearl Island.

You can take the #10 jitney to Cable Beach for $1pp.

Cabbage Beach you can take a cab or van $4pp. or a Ferry for $3 and walk the 7 minute walk past Atlantis (or thru the Marina VIllage, which is nice.).

Blackbeards is by boat tour only.. but is a really nice way to spend the day. Pearl is by boat tour only.. is small land quaint. (both island have stingrays to watch or pay to participate.)

The Hilton allows cruisers for $15pp. (Young kids are discounted), and this is walkable.

We took Scuba Girl's advice last week and rode the #10 jitney to the Wyndham Hotel at Cable Beach. They have a very nice beach/pool area and for $1 pp each way you can't beat the price. Food and drinks are available at the beach. Thanks Scuba Girl!

We took Scuba Girl's advice last week and rode the #10 jitney to the Wyndham Hotel at Cable Beach. They have a very nice beach/pool area and for $1 pp each way you can't beat the price. Food and drinks are available at the beach. Thanks Scuba Girl!

Where do you catch the jitney? Instead, could we use a taxi? Also, do you bring your own towels from the ship? Lastly, we are only in port short time, 830am to 2pm, so is the Wyndham not too far I hope?

thanks!

mbr

MBR64, we were in port the same hours as you. We stayed at the Wyndham about 2.5 hours. The Wyndham is about a 15-minute ride from downtown. Yes you could take a taxi but the jitney was much cheaper for our family of 5- $1 pp each way- and was a lot of fun. You can pick it up on Bay St., just around the corner from the Diamonds International store. You can ask one of the store workers and they will tell you where the stop is. Be sure to take the #10 (not the #10A). It lets off right across the street from the Wyndham and picks you up right in front on the way back. When you get on just tell the driver where you want to get off. Have fun!

can anyone tell me where to eat by the wyndham or nassau hotel . heard the wyndhams food prices are outrages. also can you walk from one hotel to the other. how far away is breezes from the wyndham? thanks

I am looking for quite beach where some can snorkel with their own equipment. Group of 8. Are there any locals who run tour/beach rides like the one in St. Thomas (sunny liston or godfrey)?

I appreciate all of the information given on this board! Keep it coming!

Terri

I am looking for quite beach where some can snorkel with their own equipment. (Oct. 29 NCL Dawn) Group of 8. Are there any locals who run tour/beach rides like the one in St. Thomas (sunny liston or godfrey)?

Terri

I am looking for quite beach where some can snorkel with their own equipment. (Oct. 29 NCL Dawn) Group of 8. Are there any locals who run tour/beach rides like the one in St. Thomas (sunny liston or godfrey)?

Terri

You can use your own equipment on any of the tours.

Snorkeling from the beach isn't very good, reefs are depleted, coral bleached, and you won't see much of anything but beach grasses.

There's a small company out of cable beach - a local named Capt. Paul on the Ninja. Do a search online for him. (don't have my bookmarks today)

He'll take you out to Balmoral Island off of Cable Beach for a couple of hours.

Archived