Canival to Hawaii???

daynab

Has anyone done the Carnival Spirit to hawaii? I am confused about a few things? How does the airfare work since you are not flying into and leaving the same airport? Also how is the itinerary? We are trying to decide whether to cruise or the stay at a resort. I love cruising and think it is the best way to see a few islands. Please help. Any advice or info would be great.

Thanks in advance,

Dayna

Inspiration 96

Fantasy 97

NCL Sun 02

Disney Wonder 03

Triumph 04

Here is a link to my review (listed as "cruise to nowhere" in error)

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=4707

Our Hawaii cruise on the Carnival Spirit was awesome - perhaps our best to date. We enjoyed every port-of-call and rented a car each day except Kona. The first seven days were very busy, but we thoroughly enjoyed them. (Details are in my review).

We got a great deal on our airfare at $483 (Orlando to Honolulu and Vancouver to Orlando). We booked it on our own and were glad we did. So many folks had to get home via red eye (Yikes!)

Next time (and we will do it again) we will do a few days in Maui before we board the ship. I would definitely suggest the same to anyone considering this itinerary. We had vacationed on Oahu a couple times before so we had done everything we wanted to there.

Any questions? Please feel free to email: GottaLuvCruising@earthlink.net

We sailed in Spirit last October.

We had booked our own airfare to & from San Diego on Southwest for $99 each way, total cost around $425 for both. Great connections from Nashville and we traveled the day before we continued on to Honolulu and stayed over one night on our return. Utilized Hampton Inns in San Diego. They were $5 higher than others we priced, but had free shuttle service to and from restaurants and airport.

Recommend you break up your travel to or from Hawaii unless you are flying from the West Coast as flying from the East Coast or mid-west would be a really long travel day.

This was our first Carnival experience and we found the cruise to be as good or better than any we had experienced on RCCL (8), Celebrity (1), or HAL (1).

We guarantee you will enjoy the cruise.

• 5 months later...

My husband and I did the spirit from Hawaii last year. It was perfect. We saved air miles and flew to Hawaii, stayed 2 nights on Honolulu and adjusted to the time and sight saw. By the way, go to Pearl Harbor on your own (no tour) first thing in the morning. Otherwise you will be in line all day. Got on the Spirit, toured islands, wonderful time. Then cruised 4 days back across Pacific ocean and ran into a school of dolphins. It was awesome!! Losing an hour a day was better than 4 at a time. Only bad thing was we had to get off in Ensanada Mexico and the bus driver got lost going to San Diego, but it was an adventure!! Rented a car, drove to Las Vegas for 2 more nights to celebrate our anniversary, and then finished the round-trip home from there. No problems.

Daynab, I have booked the Spirit for Hawaii for April of "06" We are doing the Honolulu to Vancouver. I will start looking for air in about March. You have to use the multiple destinations instead of the round trip. Or two one ways depending on which airline you choose. When were you looking at going?

I would also like to know if anyone has gone from Vancouver to Seattle to fly home? I think I can fly from Seattle a lot cheaper. I see I can take the train for about $24 pp. I live in eastern time zone so I will probably stay the night in Seattle and fly out first thing the next day.

did the Ensenada to hawaii in april 2002. thought it was great.

I did the air right thru carnival as it was the cheapest at the time leaving GRR. plus I stayed a few days after in Waikiki .

the whole experience was awesome the 5 days at sea were great.

now I hope I can squeeze it in again in my 2006 itineraries.

a few pics and capers and stuff in my pics.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
did the Ensenada to hawaii in april 2002. thought it was great.

I did the air right thru carnival as it was the cheapest at the time leaving GRR. plus I stayed a few days after in Waikiki .

the whole experience was awesome the 5 days at sea were great.

now I hope I can squeeze it in again in my 2006 itineraries.

a few pics and capers and stuff in my pics.

Loved the pics!

Archived