Yom Kippur On Board?

wizard-of-roz

Stephenandrew: OxyMORON, you say? How appropriate!

My people have walked through deserts for thouands and thousands of years searching for freedom; we've been tortured; hung; beaten and burned. I've earned my celebration and my religious rights!

The following is not defense of myself or my beliefs, just clarification of who I am:

I've raised three children to be believers and be very successful adults. We're all extremely close and loving to one another! We visit each other often and share all the Jewish Holidays together! I've been married to the same wonderful man for over 34 years! I still get goosebumps when I hear his car in the driveway!

Obviously, I'm doing something "right"! Now, don't judge me or anyone else, unless you can pass the same scrutiny!

Oy! :eek:

I am sorry I offended you

Stephenandrew: OxyMORON, you say? How appropriate!

My people have walked through deserts for thouands and thousands of years searching for freedom; we've been tortured; hung; beaten and burned. I've earned my celebration and my religious rights!

The following is not defense of myself or my beliefs, just clarification of who I am:

I've raised three children to be believers and be very successful adults. We're all extremely close and loving to one another! We visit each other often and share all the Jewish Holidays together! I've been married to the same wonderful man for over 34 years! I still get goosebumps when I hear his car in the driveway!

Obviously, I'm doing something "right"! Now, don't judge me or anyone else, unless you can pass the same scrutiny!

Oy! :eek:

Amen! You go, Roz!:D :p

I think he was agreeing you when you agreed it would be hard to celebrate yom kippur on a ship. The poster is 100% right when he said it is not the right place. It is a day to reflect and to not have anything for one self--hence the fast. No giving up a days food will give you the meaning of the holiday. Now that being said, if you do not obseve, then go and have fun but do not tell others to have an hours worth of a service on a cruise ship and think that will work... As for passover seder.... why have a seder and pretend to be observant and then eat all non kosher for passover food all the rest of the week. I am sure it is not up to the ship to cater to you for an entire week. Pick another week.

Inshape: "Pick another week"!?*@%# You're simply trying to inflame, right?? :cool:

Just how much money was it that I borrowed from you to live on and to take this cruise? When you figure it out, that's exactly how much explanation any of us need to confer with you about the dates/times that we may have in our lives to do anything! :o

You need a pulpit, sir! :mad: Don't expect a very large following! :(

Gee, please stop this already. Someone asked an honest question that deserved a short answer...not judgements from others. Everyone is entitled to observe any holiday, religious or secular, in any manner they choose as long as they don't harm others. Enough!!!

Roz - Enjoy this trip and unsubscribe from this thread. There's no need to see these posts.

Cruisin'Chick: I was raised with 5 brothers and sisters so this confrontational thing does very little to my true psyche and is good for challenging for my wit!

Rarely, do I take anything too much to heart....unless, it invloves my family then "I'm a truly craized woman"!

It's such a small world! We lived on 2nd and McCadden Place, about 1/2 mile north of Wilshire Blvd. Hancock Park has not changed, at all. And, Fairfax looks basically the same, just a bit more trendy! The Farmers Market is amazingly different, you wouldn't recognize it!

Thanks for the "pep talk"!

Roz

Archived