A right bit of levity for the day

flagger

If an incident occurs and the captain opens the bars for an hour or two, just how many drinks can one really drink during that time? If you are not a drinker or travelling with someone too young, I suggest going down to Guest Relations and asking for credit for the equivalent to your stateroom account.

No I don't drink but if I did, I would be drinking shots of Johnny Walker Blue and my spouse would be drinking Louis XIII. My daughter who is not old enough would be drinking virgin Pina Coladas or Shirley temples. Please see that my account be credited.

Personally I think that would be the only fair and just compensation for the non and unable to drink booze.

I'm sure some people would head down to guest realations to ask for the credit and then head straight to the bar to tank up....:eek:

Exactly what I was thinking, how would you police it, take the credit and go straight for the bar. They have to set limits somewhere and I would deny any attempt at a credit.

I was just pointing out that the offer of an open bar is not really compensation to non-drinkers or minors nor to those who do not drink soda.

I wouldn't even call it compensation, more a jesture of good will towards an inconvienence.

Hmmm.... it seems the levity has been lost... I'm thinking that we may be too stressed lately - and we're all possibly overdue for a mai tai (or other umbrella drink of your choice)!

I wonder, if I built some sort of multi-gallon flask to wear under a long skirt, how quickly could I fill it up during an open bar??

:-)

I was just pointing out that the offer of an open bar is not really compensation to non-drinkers or minors nor to those who do not drink soda.

Hey, I've got an idea (in keeping with the whole "levity" thing) why not use the onboard credit for

TIPS???:D

Archived