CHoices..Choices...Choices!!!!

Hey everyone!

Im currently planning a December 2006 wedding with NCL. The ship will be in Port Charleston and is the Majesty.

I have been searching through these threads and have really gotton some terrific info! The pictures I have seen have also been very helpful in just giving me a basic idea of what a wedding on board looks like!

I am now trying to decide if I would rather have the ceremony on board at port before departure, or on Grand Caymon on the beach.

I could do either one...I just cant decide!

Either way--Its going to be very small. Only my family is going to attend and go along on the cruise as well!:)

Anyone out there that can give me some advice?!

Anyone have previous experience with NCL and TWE?

Anyone have pictures to share?

Advice/help on the location?

Any tips?

TIA everyone!:o

Place depends on your style and where you want to be photographed... Check out some places on Grand Cayman and then decide... I will be marrying in March 2007 (RCI Serenade of the Seas) in St. Maarten through an outside coordinator... I have heard too many things about TWE (both good and bad) - I just dont want to be worried about how everything will turn out.

As far as pictures, check out http://www.webshots.com... do a search for wedding and maybe norwegian majesty. I found a lot of things this way.

Take care and good luck!

We had originally researched marrying on Grand Cayman since we could cruise there from Texas - lots of great places to choose from! However, I will share that we chose not to marry there after researching the Grand Cayman board here on CruiseCritic because of other posters mentioning having missed Grand Cayman while on cruises. There is no dock there and all ships tender in, so if the water /wind is too rough for the tenders, ships will not stop. I would definitely book your wedding with the cruiseline coordinator because of this if choosing Grand Cayman due to the tendering issue. (Don't want to scare you, but that was a huge factor for us in deciding to look elsewhere,which meant our guests having to fly to Miami and incur further costs). We have been there twice on a cruise - and one time had to tender from a different side of the island due to weather/waves - but did make it on shore both times. So I guess we're at 100% on Grand Cayman, but others have shared stories of missing that port.

• 6 months later...

Archived