Majesty-Refurbish--October, 2007

luvdale

Has anyone heard about the Majesty being refurbished next October, 2007? Will NCL put another ship in her place? If so, will the ship go out of Charleston to Bermuda for the 7-day cruise? We were thinking of going on this cruise out of Charleston to Bermuda next October, 2007, but we heard that the cruise for the Majesty may be cancelled for next year. Has anyone heard any details on the Majesty? Thank you

I just received the NCL freestyling cruise book with all the cruises listed for January of 07 to April of 08. It shows that the majesty is cruising out of Charleston in Oct of 07 to Bermuda for all 4 weeks in October.:)

I hope that it is not still scheduled for October, 2007. Our friend's TA told them that NCL is going to refurbish the Majesty those weeks that it is supposed to go out of Charlestion. I hope they change their minds, I know Oct, 2007 is a long time, but we ususally plan our cruises in advance. If anyone hears please post the answers.

My travel agent told me the Majesty was going to be in dry dock for the whole month of October 2007.

That is what our TA told us to. We all had built our hopes up about booking that cruise. It is so easy to go to Charleston to go on a cruise instead of Florida. We went on a cruise in April, 2006, I flew down to Orlando, the rest of my family drove down there and we met on the Carnival Ship, Glory in Port Canaveral. I was so looking forward to this cruise, oh, well, that is life. I wish more ships would go out of Charleston. I live in the Charlotte area and it is such a easy drive to Charleston. I see you are from Wilmington, I wish Wilmington would consider having cruise ships dock there, but there is Norfolk. I have never been on a cruise out of Norfolk. It seems all of the good cruises go out of Florida. We really enjoy the Eastern Caribbean, we have been on the Majesty 2 times to the Western Caribbean, and did not want to do that again, but we have been on the Eastern 2 times. Back to the planning process!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish cruise ships would leave from Wilmington too but we have to wait until they deepen the port. We did have a small one leave from here a few years ago, but for some reason they stopped. I'm planning on going on the November 3, 2007 cruise out of Charleston and just hope the weather is still warm in Bermuda.

I thought they were doing some work on it this October. We usually cruise Columbus Day week but the last Boston to Bermuda cruise is Oct 1 this year. I thought that they were going to work on it in Boston for a couple of weeks.

I thought they were doing some work on it this October. We usually cruise Columbus Day week but the last Boston to Bermuda cruise is Oct 1 this year. I thought that they were going to work on it in Boston for a couple of weeks.

I wish they were going to, maybe they had the wrong dates for the refurbishing of the Majesty. I guess we will just have to wait and see. It is next year.

Any update on NCL's long range plan for the Majesty?

Has Bermuda's "dock plans" had any impact on her future?

Under the circumstances, it would sure sound nice if they did some refurbishing and kept the Majesty on the Bermuda run.

Any update on NCL's long range plan for the Majesty?

Has Bermuda's "dock plans" had any impact on her future?

Under the circumstances, it would sure sound nice if they did some refurbishing and kept the Majesty on the Bermuda run.

I know I really like the Majesty, this would of been our 3rd cruise on her. We have been on the Western cruise 2 times but this time we were considering the Bermuda cruise since it went out of Charleston. We went on one in April on the Carnival Glory and we had a great time on Carnival, but there was a few things we did not care for. We did not like all of the rowdy drunks all hours of the night wandering the halls and on the balcony. We loved our balcony cabin. We had 2 cabins beside each other and we had our room steward to open the door between the cabins and we had a larger balcony. It was really nice. I wish the Majesty had balconies. We spent alot of time on the balcony, well worth the extra money. I wish the Majesty had balconies, at least they do have window cabins.

The Majesty is heading the Charleston earlier this year than usual,. That's why the Boston to Bermuda run ends earlier than usual. The Majesty is going to do some Charleston to Bermuda runs beginning October 8th with a 13 day cruise before it starts the Charleston to Bermuda run for 4 weeks. I believe the extremely rough seas of the past few years have put a stop to the Majesty staying in Boston until the end of October.

I think people may be getting 2006 and 2007 mixed up.

The last cruise in 2006 for Boston to Bermuda is October 1. The repo cruise is October 8.

There isn't a spring 2007 repo cruise. If you go to the NCL website, there are no Majesty cruises listed for October 2007. There is a Boston to Bermuda the last week of September and then a Charleston to Bermuda the first week of November.

I really hope they keep the Boston to Bermuda run "indefinately," especially if they refurbish the ship.

It seems nobody is getting a straight answer on the fate of the Majesty.. The last I heard she was due to keep sailing from Boston until 2009.. But my friends I'll try to get the poop when I'm on it again this September for the 11th time..lol The people in Florida seem to be clueless.. .yet.. why would NCL be helping the Government of Bermuda in widening the "cut" and the harbors..and of course they are investing in an entertainment center in downtown Hamilton..

Archived