Should I switch?

wishingtocruise

I'm hoping that ya'll can help me with a decision. I've got a deposit down on a cruise in April on RCCL's Enchantment of the Seas. However, I found a cruise at the same time on the Century and I 'm thinking about switching to that one instead. This is our first cruise,we have a daughter with special needs so the kids club isn't that important to us. We enjoy each other and like to be together as a family. I was just thinking that an X cruise might be a bit more quiet and relaxed,however, I'm concerned after reading so many negative reviews and comments on this board. In your opinions should I switch? Thanks for your help.

We have always enjoyed Celebrity and I'm sure you would also. Remember that for every post that is negative there are many positive people that don't post. Whatever decision you make I'm sure you'll have a wonderful trip but I wouldn't hesitate getting on a Celebrity ship at anytime or anywhere.

I've never sailed RCCL, but I do know that if their ships are anything like their commercials, they might be a bit too "loud" for you. If you're looking for a cruise for the three of you to chill out together and enjoy each other's company, I'd opt for Celebrity. We've sailed one of their older ships and one of the newer ones and have enjoyed both immensely. We're looking forward to our Century cruise next summer. If we took every negative comment to heart I don't think we'd want to cruise with any cruiseline. A cruise is what you make of it and if you go in with the attitude that you're going to have a good time, you probably will. If you like the itinerary Century is offering...go for it and enjoy!

Lynn

Wishing ~ I've sailed both lines a few times and all of our cruises were enjoyable. Enchantment is an older ship but I've heard she is in good shape. Century has been recently refrubished and should be in good shape, too.

I wouldn't let some less than positive posts here on the message boards scare you away from Century. Much of Celebrity's problems of late have to do with the propulsion systems on the M-Class ships (Century is not one of them). You are going to get positive and negative comments on every ship on every cruise. I think you'd be fine on either ship, but we just prefer Celebrity a bit more. I've sailed Century twice and we really enjoyed the ship, service and food.

Good luck with your decision and please come back and let us know what you thought. Cruising is a wonderful family vacation. Have a wonderful time whichever way you decide.

We absolutely love Celebrity. PLEASE dont let the negative comments scare you.

I cannot tell you what a pure pleasure it is sailing on a Celebrity ship.Our next cruise is on the Summit-14 day Panama canal cruise. I am so looking forward to 14 days of pure bliss, wonderful service, meeting new friends and enjoying good full, nicely served.

Celebrity is a quieter ship, very relaxing but with always things to do. If you want to meet others, just start a conversation. We have met lovely friends that we still correspond with.

Enjoy ! Enjoy !

Before you decide to switch based on some of the recent Celebrity bashing that has been going on, check out the poll that C2C is running: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=382023

Last time I looked, 93% of the respondents thought Celebrity did at least as well as any other and most of the 93% felt Celebrity was superior. Don't let a few unhappy cruisers make up your mind for you.

Instead, look at the differences between the two cruise lines. Celebrity tends to be a little quieter than RCI with only one public announcement a day, and that one only broadcast in the public areas. I believe that Celebrity ships also cruise with fewer passengers, but I could be wrong about that. I do know that they seem to attract fewer families with small children than does Royal Carribean.

I'm sure you'll enjoy your cruise on either ship.

Susan

Thank you all for all of the POSITIVE replys. I have decided to go with Celebrity on the Century. I feel very good about this and could not have made this decision so easily without ya'lls good reviews. I'm very excited:D

Thanks again!!

Who said Cruise Critic people were mean?;)

Archived