Couldn't find this Atlantis answer

pampaul

I am sailing on the Norwegian Dawn next month on our first cruise. I went to ncl.com to check out the different excursions they have. I will be docked in King's Wharf from Wed night 8pm to Thurs afternoon 12noon. This does not give us much time to do anything. It will be me, DH and DS9 and DS10. At first we weren't going to do anything Wednesday night since it's already 8pm, but now I just read on here that you can go to Atlantis and see the Dig after 9pm once the guards leave for free. How attainable is this? Can you really get away with it? I would really love to see it but the price doesn't seem reasonable. But if we can get in after 9, then that would be great. What time does it close? And how long does it take you to see the stuff?

Then if we do that on Wednesday night, Thursday morning maybe we can do one of the excursions I saw online. Here's what we're debating. Can some Bahamian veteran explain what is involved in each of these excursions and if they're worth it.

1----Ardastra Zoo and Gardens $118

2----City Tour & Pirate Museum $120 (I think DH wants to see museum)

3----Discover Atlantis (is this different than just going to Atlantis on your own and seeing the Dig/Aquarium)? It says its $49 p/adult and $29 p/child. So that would be $158. I just assume it's something different since people on here keep saying it costs only $29 to get in. If that was the case then it would only be $116 to do it ourselves (if we didn't see it for free Wednesday night).

Why does it have to be so confusing.

Are you sure you've got your ports correct? Kings Wharf is in Bermuda, not the Bahamas. Atlantis is near the port of Nassau, Bahamas, not in Bermuda.

As for seeing The Digs for free, I've done it and it's easy to do. After the security guards leave for the evening The Digs are just "open" and there is no charge. No one is going to chase you away and you're not cheating. You can go through the place in a half-hour or so.

To see if it's open for free, stand in the hotel main lobby overlooking the restaurant area on the lower level below with the aquarium windows in the background. To your lower right you'll see the "tunnel" entrance into The Digs. If there is an employee standing there you can't go in without a ticket. Once that person leaves the entryway it is free to enter.

BobK/Orlando

Archived