Park West Auction Onboard

Ours came in about 4 weeks, most of them anyway. Three were delayed due to out of stock. When we finally got them, they were not the ones we bought, but substitutions!!! Let me tell you, it was very difficult reaching someone at Park West via phone! Ultimately we sent them back, and after another month they said a credit was issued. Well no credit showed up on the credit card. Phone call after phone call discovered they had credit RCI, because the billing was on our SeaPass card. That shifted us to calling RCI, and shuffled between countless people. FINALLY a credit was issued to our credit card!

We got ours in two groups. The first group was the unframed ones and they arrived in about 1-2 weeks. The second group was the framed ones and they arrived in about 3 weeks. Service from Park West was excellent. We had signed up for the Park West card on board to receive a discount on the "buyer's premium". They denied us on the ship but when we got home they had sent us the card. Now we wanted the buyer's premium discount, it was pretty significant since we bought so much. They couldn't give a credit on our card, but we received four additional pieces of art as payment. We got to select the pieces. The customer service was great and really did right for us.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Got my unframed pieces about 3 weeks after the cruise, but it's been almost 6 weeks and still haven't gotten my framed piece yet. Not too worried, I expected that one to take longer. The unframed ones arrived in very good condition, packaged nicely in a big tube so they weren't to tightly rolled up. Tissues between all of them with all of my certificates and stickers to put behind each one, so I would know what each one was after they were framed. Nice touch I thought.[/SIZE][/FONT]

We bought Art work from Park west from almost every cruise.
We just returned from the JUne 18th sailing and bought 2 Fanchs and a TO Berkow which I already framed.

When you recieve your Art work make sure that you check it carefully, Parkwest contract states that they have the right to send you a similar print at the same value. Example: If you bought a numbered edition of 350, they can send you the same image in an AP (artist proof) edition of 50. They insist that they are the same value. An artist proof is less valuable because the artist test the paper and colors and the print before he start the editions.
Most of these artist proofs are destroyed and the ones that are aprouved by the artist are sold as AP.
I am an Artist and a collector, for more information Check my website: members.aol.com/eziamy

The extra prints that they send you are signed in-plate, in other word they are a very high quality posters. They can print as many as they want and if they run out of them they can print more. The artist never see them or examin any of them. These are the ones that you win at the auction.

We have 2 Berkows, 2 Hatchett, 9 Robichaude, 2 Tarkay and we are waiting for or 2 Fanch. We are running out of walls.
We also have Many Many original one of a kind oils on canvas by Ezi.

Thanks to everyone for their responses. It has been two weeks since we got home, so we will just be a little more patient. We have never purchased art before, so we played it a little safe.

Did pick up a Fanch (I just fell in love with everything I saw of his!), Andre Bardet, & Shlomo Alter. All different styles, but liked them all. Of course, it will cost more to frame them then we paid for them.

Next time we cruise, I will budget for one or two Kinkade's.

Thanks again! I am anxious to see them!

Another track with Park West

We live just a few miles from their gallery in Michigan. We've always wondered if we could get a better deal at the gallery than on the ship?
Does anyone know how good their auctions really are?

[b][color=purple]Our art came in different shipments. One we bought we had to wait extra for, because the artist hadn't completed it. One of our better pieces arrived slightly crooked in the matting, so I called Park West. They had it picked up within a week, and it took less than 2 weeks for them to have it back to us. I think it was just a week, actually. I was very impressed with how quickly they fixed it. [/color][/b]
[b][color=purple][/color][/b]
[b][color=purple]Off topic, but still about the art auctions - [/color][/b]
[b][color=#800080][/color][/b]
[b][color=purple]I'd like to get a Linda LeKinff. Two years ago I didn't grab 2 companion pieces for $70, and I cringe every time I think of it. Last year all of her stuff was so much more than it had been the previous year. My other regret was not buying "Crest" by R. Doyle on the Grand. I loved it and can still visualize it. I've looked online repeatedly but can't find the artist or lithograph. Park West didn't have it by the time we cruised again, so I'm out of luck. There was a Lucelle Raad on the Grand that I loved, but I was able to pick it up the following year. I'd shopped for it for a year online, and I paid $100 less on the ship than the best price I'd found elsewhere. This year, I'm swearing off art auctions. We can't even look, because it's just too dangerous. [/color][/b]

Bought two PCS on the EOS in April, Never Again. The PCS were purchased Framed and the showed up in a Tube 4 weeks later, called Park West and they said they would get back to me, Had to contact autioneer................well 4 weeks later get a return call from them that said our records indicate unframed. Poor customer service and a pretty much take it or leave it attitude.

Archived