How is the Explorer of the Seas?

My family absolutely LOVED explorer. It was our first cruise so we didn't have anything to compare to, but it is a beautiful ship!! very clean, very nice crew, good food, good shows... we loved it! have fun... we just booked disney cruise and are afraid it wont compare to RCCL.....

Your family will LOVE it! We took our family on Voyager in '03....went on Explorer last year and it was comparable in every feature...well EXCEPT one...Voyager has this neat men's room that overlooks the water and is features a granite "facility" *wink*....I missed that on Explorer...otherwise a GREAT trip.

Best Regards

The ship is beautiful - we loved the solarium during the day. There is shade if you need it and very comfortable loungers and a lovely pool. We loved strolling the promenade --- the hanging sculptures are beautiful. I just looked through my photo album and remembered what a great time we had. You've made a great choice.

nanceelu16

Welcome to Cruise Critic! You'll be able to obtain a lot of information on the boards and everyone is extremely helpful.

I'll be on the same cruise as you and we have a great thread going. Please join us. See link under my signature.

From what I've been reading, many members on CC have been extremely happy with Explorer and that's great news!

Welcome again and happy cruising!

We are going on a family trip on 9/22....How is the ship overall??

Welcome Nanceelu to cruise critic. Trish beat me to it, but just in case you don't see her signature, here's a link to our roll call for the 9/22 sailing.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=214690 Come on over and say hi, and don't forget to sign up for the Meet and Mingle get together. See you on Board

Chris

I've cruised on her twice and she's just my favorite voyager class ship.

Now - there's a cool restroom for women that overlooks the water - it's the one by portofino. Go check it out!

The staff onboard is the best! You're going to LOVE it!

We absolutely loved Explorer- our first RC after 4 Carnivals. The boat is in excellent condition considering it is almost 6 years old. The only thing I think appeared worn out is some of the carpet in the stairways, but that appeared to be replaced in some areas on the ship- so by the time you go it may be completely finished.

The staff in May was excellent- very attentive but not in your face. The wait staff seemed a little stand offish at first but warmed up by about the third day and then were very friendly. I find it remarkable that the wait staff knows your name and drink pref. by the second day- I still have trouble calling my kids by their right name!!!

I am booked for the repositioning cruise in November on Explorer with my parents, in-laws and kids. This will be everybody elses first time on a ship that size so I am excited for them to see the ship and experience what it has to offer.

This is a cool restroom- all of the public restrooms are much more spacious than on Carnival.

:DI bet it is not a granite structure standing right under the windows though!!!!

Having read this, it now makes me wonder about what is in the other restrooms....:eek:....NO, I will not venture beyond my gender.

Just let me know, so my wife can enjoy such things too!

:D

Best Regards

Yes...we too are addicted to the Explorer. I also have to agree with the bathroom by Portofinos. Wow...it is so neat. We have two more cruises already booked on her. We had fantastic service and did not have time to do everything. We also have aft cabins booked too. So thanks to everyone for pics and suggestions for that as well.

Here's a pic (not the greatest) of the bathroom that overlooks the water on Explorer!

Ladies Bathroom with a view: (easier to have a link than to resize repeatedly to make it small enough and having to squint to see it!)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid210/pb7997e5e0819c6ed9d9cd02d1821c954/eddbd431.jpg

My first cruise ever was on the Explorer in 2002. My sis and her husband, who have been cruising for years and always wanted us to go with them, picked that ship for us because they knew we would be impressed, and we were, and have been cruising with them ever since!!!!!

My wife and I went on the Explorer and absolutely loved it. There is always something to do. The ship was in great shape, this was about 2 years ago though. We never made it to the ice show, but that is supposedly a must see. The tour of the atmospheric lab is pretty cool. The Royal Promenade is a nice addition, though we usually only went there for ice cream.

We just returned from the Explorer yesterday. I think you will enjoy your time on board since you are traveling with a group. We had a better experience on Celebrity and found Explorer to be much too large for our taste. We did enjoy the Crown and Kettle and the Weekend Warrior on the Promenade.

Archived