Soda Card ?

KAWS

First, the soda cards are never worth the pure cost of the card. What does justify the expense is the benefit of speedy service at the bars, dining room and in the theatre. If you don't have the card then you must wait for the transaction to be rung up and posted to your sign and sail card.

The card allows you to also get juices at the bars after exercise in the mornings.

The theatre and the dining room beverage service also make it easy, as your dining waiter will have your soda waiting for you each evening after you show the card to he/she and place your order the first night.

This, to me, is probably the BEST reason for us to get the soda cards. Thank you for this perspective. After spending XXX amount of dollars for a cruise, I honestly can't see me being a big ole cheapskate and trying to find dishonest ways to get out of paying a mere $35 or less for a soda card! I'd rather just buy the card and not have to worry about it.

Thank you.

Kim

Remember the old addage----On any given day anything can happen. The person today may let you take anything you want on board, the next person coming thru he may say only xyz or tomorrow he may not let anything thru. This whole issue is so SUBJECTIVE.

Sorry but I agree one soda card one person.

If I buy a Soda Card and bring an insulated mug will they fill it up where ever I want?

I agree that part of the value of the card is being able to just get a soda & go - whether at dinner, during the day, just taking a walk or back in my cabin. So I want to be sure that the convience I am looking for will be there.

Thx

If I buy a Soda Card and bring an insulated mug will they fill it up where ever I want?......
I think the answer is usually no. But, I have read at least one CC member post that he was able to do that, so it might depend on the ship and individual bartender if they'll do it or not.

I did notice that with the soda cards last month on the Valor they were also selling a larger glass or mug to go with it.

John

If I buy a Soda Card and bring an insulated mug will they fill it up where ever I want?

I agree that part of the value of the card is being able to just get a soda & go - whether at dinner' date=' during the day, just taking a walk or back in my cabin. So I want to be sure that the convience I am looking for will be there.

Thx[/quote']

No, not if you bring your own mug... however, they do sell a "Coke" tumbler (6.95, i think it is lower w/the soda card) and they WILL fill that one up for you...

I got the soda card for the Conquest on July 9, 2006 and I wished I would have not. I am a soda drinker but the soda tasted flat. Expecially the coke. It was nasty and i think I got 2 cokes and 3 sprits off the card. Toatal wast of money for me. I don't know if it is due to the ship moving so much but it was flat even when they opened it can in front of me and pored it into my drink. i also noticed the cans was Mexican cans.

What exactly does this card cover? I know it covers carbonated "soda pop" but does it cover anything else? What about bottled water? What about in the dining room? Does it cover non-alcoholic beverages there or is that covered anyway?

We're definitely getting DS one but are wondering if we should be getting one too. If it covers bottled water, I definitely will get one. Told hubby I'd rather spend a sure $35 and know that I'm covered for that amount rather than have to be concerned as to price all week.

Anyone know? Thanks.

Kim

pop and only pop. it doesn't cover any non-alcoholic "drinks" such as dacquiris. they also don't cover water. however, it's still worth the price if you're like me and use shirley temples as mouthwash.

I asked this earlier in the post and don't know if I missed the answer or not while I was looking through all of them....

What is the amount in the sodas that you get on board. For example are they 8oz glasses, 12oz cans, 24oz glasses....

Thanks again

I asked this earlier in the post and don't know if I missed the answer or not while I was looking through all of them....

What is the amount in the sodas that you get on board. For example are they 8oz glasses, 12oz cans, 24oz glasses....

Thanks again

im gonna say its 8 oz.. (it looks like a juice glass) request little ice or it will be full of ice and you get two sips out of it. You dont get a can of soda--

We just got back from our cruise, I thought we would get a soda card,

but never did purchase one. My girls just went up to buffet area

and got juices and punch, my wife and I would get coffee there.

We always had water in dining room during the meals. Hope this

helps.

Kevin

About the soda card; will the drink waiter at dinner keep my glass refilled (or bring refills) as necessary, or will it be a big deal to try and get a refill?

Also, if I didn't buy one on the first day, but waited it out and bought one on the 3rd day, would the price be cheaper?

About the soda card; will the drink waiter at dinner keep my glass refilled (or bring refills) as necessary, or will it be a big deal to try and get a refill?

Also, if I didn't buy one on the first day, but waited it out and bought one on the 3rd day, would the price be cheaper?

The price is prorated.

I have heard service isn't as good with the drink card... I generally order two drinks at a time in the dining room :p LOL

Thanks for the info. Dh and I decided on our last cruise that we would purchase soda cards in the future because it was no fun having to run back to the room each time we wanted a soda. I guess it would be worth it to us for the convenience. Thanks again for the info!

About the soda card; will the drink waiter at dinner keep my glass refilled (or bring refills) as necessary, or will it be a big deal to try and get a refill??

soda is not given by the waiter/asst waiter. You will have to wait til the bar waiter comes around.

Some people have reported that they never had a problem When we did get the soda card for only one cruise-- getting that bar waiter to our table was almost impossible. See, there was no tip there as its prepaid. the bar waiter hops to people who will be giving him a tip.

Never got another one coz we didnt see they were worth the money.

They will keep your water glasses filled. We just have them leave a pitcher of ice water on our table. I drink only water so I like to have it when my glass gets low.

As for the Coke tasting funny it is the sugar content. The US uses the most sugar in their sodas. That is why you find soda from other countries have a very different taste. For those of you who have not been to Germany their sugar contant allowed in sodas is like half of ours. When we came home from there I could not drink soda anymore. I may drink one once in a while but it does effect your taste buds.

soda is not given by the waiter/asst waiter. You will have to wait til the bar waiter comes around.

Some people have reported that they never had a problem When we did get the soda card for only one cruise-- getting that bar waiter to our table was almost impossible. See, there was no tip there as its prepaid. the bar waiter hops to people who will be giving him a tip.

Never got another one coz we didnt see they were worth the money.

My teenage son gets one every cruise. I always ask him if he is having any problems getting sodas and he always answers, "no".

At dinner after the first day there is always a soda sitting at the table when we arrive and after the first couple of nights when the bar waiter realizes my son always drinks 2 sodas per dinner they are refilled before he is even finished his first. The bar waiter always gets an additional tip the last night.

Bill

Hi Cotton,

I didn't ask why it was pulled, I just asked if it was pulled already.

Sorry, I misunderstood. Yep, it didn't stay around very long at all. The hosts are on the ball!

I got a notification that you chastized somebody for being offensive. Came here and didn't see the post. Just wanted to know who it was so I could put them on my ignore list.

:D He was so important that I forgot his name already.:rolleyes: It was somebody with only 2 posts, and hopefully won't be back.

BTW, that's something new to me - How do you get notified of something like that anyway?

you don't get email notifications when somebody post to a thread you contributed to?

Bill

Archived