how do I get from Civitavecchia to Florence?

You could hire a car of course. I understand there are several firms with offices near the railway station.

Or you could take the train into Rome Main station and onto Florence. There are two or three trains an hour from Rome and it takes just over 1 hour 35 minutes. Try www.trenitalia.it If I haven't got the URL quite right just Google "Italian Railway Timetables"

I have been looking at this too but not until Oct. of 2007 before a cruise. So far I have found 3 options. Rent a car, kind of pricey. Train to Rome then Florence. Train the coastal route, Civit. to Pisa then Florence.

Train into Rome's Termini station which the cheapest is around 4 euros and 1 1/2 hours. You then take a train to Florence. I looked on Trenitalia only saw Eurostar trains from Rome to Florence. The total trip cost was around 35 euros.

The coastal route train cost was around 12 euros.

many thanks, very helpful

1.Car:

Tried webistes and can't seem to find a price. Perhaps booked out , no cars available or I find sites that don't have Civit as an option to book from.

I have in one long search and have emailed and am awaiting a response.

2 Train.

Tried the train website. Great on schedule but I am confused re price and reservation.

We are already booking a urail select pass. It seems expensive to use a day for this small hop, but I am unclear of our particular options or best choice.

We are 2 adults and a 12 year old son travelling on the 29 Aug. We will want to go early, am so we can get into Florence and still see something that day.

I understand that we can go point to point on local train, or go on faster Eurotrain that I think carries a premium on top of the uraail purchase. Or just buy a point to point fast train ticket.

The Italian train site has pull down menues and offers specials. I don' t understand the Italian language , and cannot understand what I might be booking. (or what I could ask for).

Thanks for sharing your research as at least I have moved forward.

Can anyone make any sense of this for me?.

Thanks in advance.

Walking at this point seems easier.

Archived