Alexandra Battery & Horseshoe Bay

Dancyalien

I am sailing on the NCL Spirit on Sept 30th. We will only be in Bermuda from 9-5 on October 6th.

I wanted to go to Horseshoe Bay because I heard its a beautiful beach with pink sand. And as I have never been to bermuda, nor seen pink sand this is a must for me.

I also wanted to go to Alexandra Battery because I read that its the best place to find beach glass.

Is it possible to get to both beaches in such little time?? I planned on buying the 1 day bus pass.

I am sailing on the NCL Spirit on Sept 30th. We will only be in Bermuda from 9-5 on October 6th.

I wanted to go to Horseshoe Bay because I heard its a beautiful beach with pink sand. And as I have never been to bermuda, nor seen pink sand this is a must for me.

I also wanted to go to Alexandra Battery because I read that its the best place to find beach glass.

Is it possible to get to both beaches in such little time?? I planned on buying the 1 day bus pass.

Horseshoe Bay is on the South Shore. Alexandra Battery is next to Tobacco Bay in St George. Quite a ways from each other. And yes, Alexandra Battery is supposed to have the best beach glass.

NCL Majesty Aug 2004

NCL Majesty Sept 2005

NCL Majesty Sept 2006

The Spirit Docks in then Royal Dockyards KIngs wharf on a...Friday.... If you get a all dday pass you can take a ferry to St George. (see the schedule at www.seaexpress.bm the orange route)..take a cab to Alexander Battery....spend a hour. take a bus to Horseshoe via Hamilton then a bus back to the ship....full day and probably cutting it close or you go to Alexander Battery(via ferry and cab above) then go to the beach at Tobacco bay or Fort St Catherines Beach walk around St george a little and make the ferry back....don't be late....

Thanks for your input.... I had a feeling it was cutting it very clost to try and do both... Any beaches on the south shore have good beach glass?

What beaches are on the south shore besides horseshoe that would be easier to do with horseshoe bay?

I am getting the all day pass.

The ferries are great ways to get around. Tobacco Bay is a great snorkeling beach. If you want a nice beach plus beach glass, I'd do what smeyer418 suggested.

Take the Ferry to St. George. From there you can take a cab, or easily walk 1 mile North to Tobacco Bay (we did), then when it gets crowed, walk about a quarter mile over to St. Catherine's Fort (pretty cool, but the best fort is in Hamilton), then a mile along the NorthEastern coastside past St. Catherines Beach to Alexandra Battery. Once done collecting all the sea glass you can carry head back to St. George (just 1 more mile). Walk or cab, it's up to you. We're not really fit and in our mid-40's. We walked it.

Since you are staying on one area of the island, you'll have no problem getting this all in, plus you'll have a little time for the shops in St. George. Check out the Bermuda National Trust Museum.

Complete details plus hints and tips: http://www.lavasurfer.com/info/bermuda.html

The Spirit Docks in then Royal Dockyards KIngs wharf on a...Friday.... If you get a all dday pass you can take a ferry to St George. (see the schedule at www.seaexpress.bm the orange route)..take a cab to Alexander Battery....spend a hour. take a bus to Horseshoe via Hamilton then a bus back to the ship....full day and probably cutting it close or you go to Alexander Battery(via ferry and cab above) then go to the beach at Tobacco bay or Fort St Catherines Beach walk around St george a little and make the ferry back....don't be late....

The last two ferries are at 3 PM and 3:45. I would shoot for the 3PM sailing so if you missed it, at least there is another one at 3:45. It will take about an hour to get to the dockyard.

NCL Majesty Aug 2004

NCL Majesty Sept 2005

NCL Majesty Sept 2006

Archived