Wow! Just snagged 6232 on the Spirit!

themoon

I'm so excited. I was having a look at a website to see the current pricing for my December Spirit cruise when I noticed that cabin 6232 was suddenly showing as available. We were booked into 7291 based on the free upgrade sale when we booked in May so I contacted my TA right away and she managed to get us switched. Now I'm even more excited :D.

So for anyone else who has always wanted this type of cabin, keep checking! You never know what the future will bring.

I'm so excited. I was having a look at a website to see the current pricing for my December Spirit cruise when I noticed that cabin 6232 was suddenly showing as available. We were booked into 7291 based on the free upgrade sale when we booked in May so I contacted my TA right away and she managed to get us switched. Now I'm even more excited :D.

So for anyone else who has always wanted this type of cabin, keep checking! You never know what the future will bring.

What's the difference? Both towards aft with extended balcony.

valor is a different class ship and dont have this cabin.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/231082601/1293682914062547426RhfvOj

its next door but just to give you an idea.

Curious to the OP- are you cruising in the begining of Dec?

Off peak season you can grab this cabin for 2 people but during the holiday season a 4 person party will be able to book this cabin.

6232 has a HUGE balcony. It's almost three times the size of the one I had before. You can even fit a lounge chair on it!:D

wow, sounds wonderful, i would be sleeping out there!!:D

Congrats, themoon! Were you able to switch to this cabin at no additional charge? I ask because we are booked on the Legend in a cat. 8G, 7th deck just as you were, which we got during the free upgrade sale. (If I saw that cabin number open, I would love to switch, just don't want to pay extra to do so.)

Thanks and have fun on that balcony!

No I didn't have to pay any extra. My TA did say that it took two different supervisors at Carnival before she was able to get the switch approved since I booked during the free upgrade sale. I hope you have as much luck as I did.

So, Moon, can you help me figure out how to find out my cabin?

Firstly, I'm booked guarantee.....on the Spirit.....August 2nd.

No cabin assignment yet.

But, WHAT website did you see the cabins that are available on the spirit?

I'm anxious to know what cabin we are in.......and am hoping for an upgrade. But, I know the ship is totally full.

Thanks if you can help me.

Cruise Lover from Ohio

Firstly, I'm booked guarantee.....No cabin assignment yet.

is your funpass filled out and completed.

is your cruise registered on the home page of carnival web page.

answer to both need to be yes.

go to carnival web page--scroll to the bottum and click on funpass- fill in the needed information. you then will be asked if you want to print funpass or view gifts.. view gifts- then click on anything and add it to your cart- once thats done scroll down and see a cabin # or will see GTEE which means you aint got a number yet. and try every day coz it wont be long now.

Thanks Moon and Leo! I am going to be watching for this cabin like a hawk! :D

As I understand it, your best chance to UPGRADE to it is if you sail off-peak. Otherwise, if you're only two people, you COULD potentially get bumped if they need the cabin for a party of four. I suppose if you book it outright though, you're good to go.

celticd1, in case you are only 2 people, you can watch cabin 6234 like a hawk (as well as number of others).:D I never dreamed that cabin 6232 would become available again since unlike Leo Jay's experience it was not available when we booked. I guess that it was lucky for us that someone else's plans changed with 6 weeks to go before final payment.

We have the room above yours for next April (but on the Legend) for a back-to-back for 16 days. When you get back from your cruise please post something and let us know how you liked the room and balcony. Also, I am really anxious to know what is in the "white space" shown on the deck plan right next to these rooms and behind the elevators. Does any one know?

I'd be happy to report on the cabin when we get back. I believe the 'white space' is a closet that the steward uses to keep supplies and also comprises the ice machine (that only he uses). From everything I've read about this cabin no one reports hearing any noise coming from the 'white space' so it should be great.

Yeah - gotta love these oddball cabins - we got 6279 & 6281 for our springbreak cruise next year - we'll open up the divider for a massive balcony. Even got the 9a with a military rate. :-)

Thanks for that last photo, the balcony looks awesome. It sure does look bigger than 100 square feet but I'll go with that expectation and I know whatever size it really is I won't be disappointed.:D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, we had the cabin that CelticD1 posted the picture of (Hi Debbie!). That picture was taken during a cabin crawl that we set up ourselves since the ship didn't have one - too much fun by the way! The balcony is absolutely incredible - problem is that you will be spoiled for life! As far as the room next door, it is some kind of closet for storage/cabin attendants and we never heard a sound the whole time.

Enjoy!!!

Kathy

Archived