20 things to do (not in my prefered order)!

twomikea

• 2 weeks later...

Answering my own question. . . . . .

Teva's worked for the Middleham Falls hike. In fact you will probably get your feet wet (and muddy). I'm not sure how the hike would have been in wet tennis shoes. This hike is a walk in the park! The "45 minute" hike took our group almost 1 1/2 hours one way! The falls is beautiful though.

Oh No! I am going on this hike in late may so I went out n bought myself some sturdy walking/hiking sneakers... I wanted to make sure I wasn't going to slip on anything and be injured for the entire cruise!!! I really didnt want to get them soaked... Would it be better to wear a good pair of water shoes instead??? I just dont really feel like twisting an ankle and being out of commission on vacation :(

Walking/hiking sneakers will be fine. . . . if you don't mind wet and a little muddy. Our guide noted at the beginning "for those of you that bought new shoes, you are going to get them baptized in just a minute". You cross several small creeks that have rocks or logs to walk carefully across, but you will still probably get your feet wet. The trail often had muddy spots. If you kept your head down all the time you could probably avoid most of the mud. When I got in the mud I was glad for water then to just wade through and rinse off the mud. Personally, I was glad to have on sport sandals. Thinking about walking in wet shoes and socks is not appealing to me, but others doing it were not complaining. So I think it would be a personal preference.

Thanks for the heads up!!! I think I'm gonna start breaking the shoes in now just so im not so upset when they get dirty :p It's better for me to have good shoes on or else I'll be the one complaining that my feet are hurtin!! HaHa

I would love some advice so we can maximize our time in Dominica. We are there from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on a Monday in April. We really want to see some sites and do some hiking in Morne Trois Pitons National Park and combine that with a trip to the Carib Indian Reservation. Is this possible? What advice do you have as far as what we might be able to get done in that amount of time. We REALLY wanted to see the Boiling Lake, but that definitely doesn't look feasible with our limited time in port. We're very adventurous, and want to see as much as possible while we're there. Thanks.

You can personalize your tour more easily with an independent tour operator. To get a good overview of what's available, check out the possibilities on this website: http://www.benonaturetours.com/

Archived