half moon Cay Clamshell???

bluecruisin

No, it is very simple and you do not have to do anything. When you arrive on HMC, you go to the Water Sports booth and someone will take you to your clamshell. Generally, unless you have a preference (i.e., the one closest to the xxx cabana) it will be the first one they come to.

So lay back and enjoy a day of doing nothing at HMC.

Hey all, we are going to Half MOon Cay in August and are also interested in getting a clamshell....do you order them when you get on the boat or when you arrive on the beach? My husband and I are going to want to do some exploring while on the island...if we leave some personals on the lounge chairs such as personal towels, books etc. will they be held for us? That is what happened while on vacation in Florida earlier the year. Just wondering if we will be able to get a clamshell for the full day as my husband is bound to burn in the carribean sun!!!

thanks

Katie

The clamshell is yours and yours alone for the day. In the past, I have booked my clamshell through the HAL Shore Excursions web site. I do not know if you will have access to book through the other cruise lines, although I would imagine you would be able to. You can also book them through your shore excursions office on board. I don't know how fast they fill in the summer. Although, it probably will not be a problem for me when I am at HMC in Dec. I will probably go ahead and book it shortly.

While I do not know exactly how many clamshells there are, there is a fair amount, much more than cabanas. However, that being said, as soon as you can book you excursions, I'd go ahead and book one.

Then lie back and enjoy the day.

They are $9 for the day. Just go to HAL's web site once you have your confirmation number for your cruise booking and click on shore excursions and you can reserve one. Just did that yesterday for our upcoming Oct visit to HMC.

They are $9 for the day. Just go to HAL's web site once you have your confirmation number for your cruise booking and click on shore excursions and you can reserve one. Just did that yesterday for our upcoming Oct visit to HMC.
We'll be there in Dec and would like to do some exploring. Are the lounge chairs included? When folks talk about going to the BBQ, I'm assuming that is extra? Water, etc... Thanks...

We'll be there in Dec and would like to do some exploring. Are the lounge chairs included? When folks talk about going to the BBQ, I'm assuming that is extra? Water, etc... Thanks...
Nice surprise lounge chairs and BBQ are included!

How is weather in Dec? I'm assuming rather mild, but will the water be too cold? I noticed most(all?) of the cabanas are available, so I'm assuming shelter isn't a major concern that time of year.

Archived