Have you ever slept (overnight) on your balcony?

Leo Jay

Yikes, I hadn't even thought about balconies that are visible/accessible from public areas of the ship. (Does Carnival have any of that type on any of their ships?). I meant regular balconies that look directly out onto the sea.

Not only from the public areas of your ship, but any visible area of another ship if you happen to pull into port.

I have read many times of people "startled" by waking on thier balcony to gawking eyes from another ship. That plexiglass IS seethrough (another thing people forget....the things I have seen during a morning stroll while docked :eek: )

i still dont think some of them get it.

but HAaHAha

"man i wonder why there's all that creaking noise on the balcony, must be mighty windy"

Oh no, I get it... I guess I've just always been able to be creative enough to not need a mattress pulled out onto the balcony ;) Adventure is the spice of life, there IS life outside the bedroom :eek:

Not only from the public areas of your ship, but any visible area of another ship if you happen to pull into port.

I have read many times of people "startled" by waking on thier balcony to gawking eyes from another ship. That plexiglass IS seethrough (another thing people forget....the things I have seen during a morning stroll while docked :eek: )

Found that out in St. Thomas when I woke early and went out on the balcony before we docked - nightgown but no robe - and found the pilot boat right there! A 46 YO mother of three probably isn't the greatest show, but I went back for the robe pretty quickly!

I could have him sleep out on the balcony.. Do you think it will be too cold? Alaska northbound end of August. Does the Spirit have lounge chairs? I thought there were just two regular chairs.

We were on the Spirit in May. We had 2 regular chairs, a lounge chair and a tiny table. It was very cramped out there...but was wonderful too! ( No we did not sleep out there..TOO cold!:p )

I have dozed off on my balcony but usually slept in the cabin as the beds are just so comfortable! If I have a balcony cabin I keep the door opern, turn off the A/C and voila.....Balcony inside! It seems like a lot of trouble to sleep on your balcony and I too would never pull the inside bedding to the outside.

I did sleep outside on the deck one night on one of my Triumph cruises. Grabbed a loungechair and a blanket and slept quite well! I actually made a few freinds due to that people recognized me as the woman they saw sleeping on a loungechair. I sure did not mind! It was great!

Oh no, I get it... I guess I've just always been able to be creative enough to not need a mattress pulled out onto the balcony ;) Adventure is the spice of life, there IS life outside the bedroom :eek:

Exactly my thought!! Looking forward to our first balcony next year and so is the DH. :D Just hope the people out on the oil rigs don't have binoculars!!:eek:

Hah, note to self: Only sleep on the balcony if:

1. Cabin is on not on port side, OR

2. Cabin is on port side, but the next day is a sea day, OR

3. Cabin is on port side, next day is a port day, but I have an alarm clock to awaken me LONG before we pull into port, OR

4. Cabin is on port side, next day is a port day, and I want to sleep in... but I'm wearing my best pajamas.

:)

We were fortunate to get an aft facing cabin on Celebrity Constellation one year. It had a "huge" balcony. It had two chaise loungers on it. My wife slept out there one night and was awakenend with a cold shower from the automatic window cleaners that came on around 5am. She came inside the cabin soaking wet. We both got a laugh out of it. She said it was great until that happened.

While I had taken several naps on the balcony, I would never consider sleeping all night out there. Not that I wouldn't want to but I couldn't.

The sound of the water would constantly be making me go to head.

I went camping last year and the same thing happened when we tented out along side a lake that had lapping water. All night long I was up and going. :rolleyes:

I need quiet.

J

Imagine sleeping on the balcony then getting up in a daze at night and not remembering where you are and then you just casually climb over the rails because you think it's something else. Then waking up to find yourself in the middle of the ocean watching the ship go away in the distance. Scary thought.

I would love to sleep on the balcony. Two things would stop me though. My snoring would keep the whole of that side of the ship awake all night and secondly it's at night when they hose down the balconies. Don't really fancy wakin' up wetter than if I'd just come out of the shower. :p

Shug :)

Hi Dexter, I thought about it but your wife actually experienced it, WOW! That must've been a rude awakening.

The cruise I did in April to the Panama Canal I had a little friend on my balcony. A cicada boarded on one of the islands and stayed on the balcony for the remainder of the cruise. I could hear it every night but could never see it. I found it really relaxing and missed it when I got home.

Shug :)

I've fallen asleep out on the balcony several times on past cruises. Never stayed out there the entire night as someone would always wake me up before they went to bed. I would need more cushoning if I was to stay out there all night long as I would think it would hurt my back.

I attempted to one night on the Jubilee. We had the 1st suite from the bow on the starboard side and the balcony had the full sized striped loungers like those that are by the pool. I took the pillows and a blanket out there, but only lasted until about 2am. It was sooo cold and windy that I had to give up and go in. Not only that, but all the happy couples doing their thing on the dark deck up there next to the balcony caused too much noise that I couldn't sleep even if I wasn't too cold.

Archived