Crown Princess Aft Cabin C752

Merion_Mom

Is that on the Caribe deck? The deck looks small for the Caribe... I thought they had lounge chairs, but your room number has a C. We're in 704 on the Caribe Deck next week. Are the beds soft or hard? Thanks for all you ongoing information!

Okay, this is an odd question, but I'll ask it anyway. In this photo, your bed seems to be lying perpindicular to the front of the ship. Did that make you feel the motion more? I have only been on one cruise so far, but I immediately decided I would only want to sleep in a bed that had me lying parallel to the front of the ship. The only times I felt a bit seasick (grabbed a few ginger capsules!) was when I was sitting on the side of my bed, facing the oceanview window and trying to write a postcard home. The same thing happened when I was in the library, again writing a postcard home, at water level (cool! loved that view!) and felt seasick because I realized I was again perpindicular to the front of the ship.

I know, weird question, but I really am wondering because I liked that aft cabin. I almost booked it for our cruise next month on the CB, but then I worried about the perpindicular sleeping position. :o

And, MerionMom, I'm so glad that you are home, safe and sound, Nleidel too. I feel like I kind of know you guys now. Your LIVE cruise posts were terrific and how you've handled things since the incident, you two are wonderful!! I'd love to meet you on a cruise some day!

Blessings!

Merion_Mom,

Suncat will be in this room today and she was wondering if there was any damage? TV, refer, etc. still intact? Did it get wet?

Thanks for the well wishes on our Roll Call.

Marlinmike

It's too late for you guys to see, but as I posted elsewhere, the room was untouched, except for a LARGE red wine stain on the carpet. I AM curious to know whether that remains, or whether Vicente had the time to clean the carpet.

Not even a glass broke. The glass table top and several of the glasses FELL, but nothing broke.

There was no water incursion into any cabin, as far as I know, except on Lido and Riviera decks.

Is that on the Caribe deck? The deck looks small for the Caribe... I thought they had lounge chairs, but your room number has a C. We're in 704 on the Caribe Deck next week. Are the beds soft or hard? Thanks for all you ongoing information!
You only see a portion of the balcony at this angle, Kiss. ;) I have another pic, but I can't post it - apparently I hit "movie" instead of photo, and I can't get a still picture out of it. There is more room to the right of what you see at the right edge of this photo.

No loungers, although there is room for them: two of those blue lounge CHAIRS, two metal mesh chairs, and two different metal mesh tables: one large and high, one low and small. Both round.

Okay, this is an odd question, but I'll ask it anyway. In this photo, your bed seems to be lying perpindicular to the front of the ship. Did that make you feel the motion more? I have only been on one cruise so far, but I immediately decided I would only want to sleep in a bed that had me lying parallel to the front of the ship. The only times I felt a bit seasick (grabbed a few ginger capsules!) was when I was sitting on the side of my bed, facing the oceanview window and trying to write a postcard home. The same thing happened when I was in the library, again writing a postcard home, at water level (cool! loved that view!) and felt seasick because I realized I was again perpindicular to the front of the ship.

I know, weird question, but I really am wondering because I liked that aft cabin. I almost booked it for our cruise next month on the CB, but then I worried about the perpindicular sleeping position. :o

And, MerionMom, I'm so glad that you are home, safe and sound, Nleidel too. I feel like I kind of know you guys now. Your LIVE cruise posts were terrific and how you've handled things since the incident, you two are wonderful!! I'd love to meet you on a cruise some day!

Blessings!

I rarely feel motion sickness, but Nancy does, and neither of us had the slightest problem anywhere on our cruise - not on any deck, and not in our cabin. The angle of the beds had no effect, as far as I could tell. A ship like that really doesn't transmit much motion. (Unless, of course, there's a BIG REASON for it :D)

It never occurred to me to THINK about the perpendicular or parallel placement of the beds. (they are, indeed, parallel to the back of the ship).

704 is a good location - near the elevators and stairs. Personally, I LOVE an aft balcony.

(I think that you may have been seasick in that library because you COULD see the sea. You became acutely aware of the movement of the water. Try not looking. :))

HI guys!

I stumbled across some webshots of C752 on the Crown, and the person had commented that the balcony is smaller than on the other ships!!

Do you know if this is true??

I booked this cabin on the Emerald for next summer specifically because I had seen pictures of C752 on other ships, and the balcony looked great.

I must say it does look different in your picture, but maybe it's just the angle?

Thanks a bunch!

Melissa :)

daisy, are you cruising with 2 adults, including yourself? A significant other? You'll be fine and have plenty of room and will enjoy the balcony.

Two women (our experience) found the storage space an issue. The best advice I can give you is to take the over-the-door shoe bag hanger for "stuff". It's a miracle-worker.

I was on Caribe C-515. The decks were twice as long on that floor. Not wider though. Had 2 lounge chairs and 2 regular chairs. Beds were good, harder than softer. I would stay on this deck again (of course, that's if I ever went on a ship again).

Merion Mom, your pics no longer work in your Webshots Gallery. Can you check it out and see what is wrong? I would like to be able to see the room and balcony pics.

hhhhmmmmm.............I clicked on it, and saw the pic, but maybe there's a *cookie* on my machine??? I don't know.

But I can also see the pic in post #2..........can't you see that, either? :confused:

hhhhmmmmm.............I clicked on it, and saw the pic, but maybe there's a *cookie* on my machine??? I don't know.

But I can also see the pic in post #2..........can't you see that, either? :confused:

Nope can't see pic in post #2 and the only pic I can see in your webshots album is the interior cabin pic of the bed. The other two don't work.

Archived