Oregon info needed!

I have heard through some word of mouth that something related to a cruiseline will be coming to the Portland Oregon area. I've heard things from it being just a corporate office complex to it being something more like a cruise port of call from either Portland or Astoria being created in the future.

Does anybody have any info on such rumor? I have tried to pull some info about anything related, with no such luck. This would be either Carnival or Royal, not sure which. Thanks a ton!

I am not sure what you are looking for , but we were on the Radiance in May and stopped in Astoria for the day, also did the same cruise last year and it did the same stops. It was a repositioning cruise from San Diego to Vancouver, and believe it also does this in September.

Thanks for the quick replies. I know that some cruise ships stop in Astoria, but I heard that an actual cruise was being created that would originate in Astoria or Portland. I also heard that one of the main cruise lines was building a regional type hq in the area too. Of course, I haven't heard anything about any of this besides hearing it from a "friend of a friends" banter during a social gathering.

Thanks for the replies. I have a feeling that maybe the Astoria port of call may have sparked some wild rumors to be created for locals to gossip about. If anyone else has any related info, please inform me. Thanks!

Believe me I would have been all over that story if I had heard it ... But it is hard to imagine somehow. If there was going to be a cruise terminal here I would bet on Astoria before Portland.

we were on a repo once and the ship did stop in pdx but because of the shallow water the original landing pier could not be used and they ended up using a commercial dock -- for pdx to become a stop some serious dredging would have to occur

Archived