FOS for Halloween with 11, 9 & almost 6?

hiyall804

I was looking at the RCL info on the kids club activites. It looks like my 11 year old son and my 9 year old daughter will be in the same area, but my 5 year old daughter (she will turn 6 just 2 days after the cruise ends) will be grouped with the 3-5 year old set. Is this a strick rule? Is it possible I could have her moved to the 6-8 age group? Perhaps it's because she has older siblings (or maybe it's her red hair-lol) but she would not be happy if she feels she is with "babies". Also, can anyone tell me about their experiences with these activities. This is the kids first cruise (and just the 2nd cruise for my husband & I) and I am not sure how the kids clubs work. Also, what might we expect for Halloween-Costume Parties?

Thanks Y'All

I have read that RCCL is a little strict about moving kids up, but your daughter is sooooo close to her birthday, you *may* be able to. I know that Disney gave us the option during our cruise. My oldest was 4 turning 5 just 3 days after the cruise ended...so they did let us choose between groups. But that was Disney.

I don't know if they do anything special for Halloween.

On Royal Caribbean, it is a wait and see situation. It depends on the staff that week, it depends on how many kids are booked on the cruise in each age group that week, and it depends on the particular child. Most times, IF they do allow you to move up a group.. they will have the child first attend a session in the proper age group and then attend a session in the next age group. A session just consists on one activity on the childs compass. This can be as little as 15 minutes.

Please go with the attitude that whatever happens will happen and all the kids will have a great time!!!!!!! Our first cruise, my son was 5 ( turning 6 in 3 months). We inquired about having him moved up... he went to the younger kids group first as required and decided that he liked it there and didnt want to move after all. ( he is mature for his age and usually likes being with the older kids better).

The kids and parents can dress up for Halloween. My son was in the 9-11 year old group and they had counselors stationed around the ship giving out treats and the kids had to find them.

They also had a costume parade and a "Halloween Bash" in the large show lounge.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/212146923/1364428432061183369fulfDp

http://community.webshots.com/photo/212146923/1212151921061183369sRYVGJ

The adventure Ocean program is great. The kids will absolutely love it and will want to spend every moment they can in there. My 6 yr. old even stayed while we were in port, after much reassurance from the staff that she would be just fine.

And as shrimpo said, 1 session in the proper age group then you can ask if they can be moved up to the next age group.

The adventure Ocean program is great. The kids will absolutely love it and will want to spend every moment they can in there. My 6 yr. old even stayed while we were in port, after much reassurance from the staff that she would be just fine. They do an excellent job of keeping them busy and entertaining them.

And as shrimpo said, 1 session in the proper age group then you can ask if they can be moved up to the next age group.

Archived