Email Cruise Documents

GramaFran

We received an email today with a URL to get and print our cruise documents.

Has anyone else gotten this and did it work out ok?

How about make bag tags at the dock? This is a first for me - I have always gotten the booklet with the bag tags included.

I am glad to have the documents just not sure about edoc's.

Francine

I have never heard of this, but if you can print a boarding pass for a flight, maybe this is legit too! If it asks for a lot of personal information, I would beware that it is not a scam. I would call the cruise lines or your TA first.

Hi Francine,

We have used the e documents on the last five cruises we have taken. Once you have filled out the forms and printed out your e document you will have a one page (for both passengers) ticket for your cruise. When you get in line to check in at the cruise terminal all you will need is;

1) The e document

2) Credit card (for the clerk to swipe)

3) ID documents (pasport/birth certificate & photo ID)

After taking your e document, and swiping your credit card, they will present you with your sign and sail card and away you go.

You have seen how they have to thumb through the hard copy documents to find and remove the relevant pages, enter your credit card data into the computer and have the cruiser complete or correct any deviant information. While this usually only takes a few minutes per person, the cumulative effect is to speed up the check in lines, and make the boarding process quicker for all.

I usually request that they send me baggage tags, as it is easy for them to print out and they can mail them in a standard envelope. In most cases there is no problem in getting tags from the longshoremen collecting baggage at the entry to the cruise terminal, they will have blank tags that you can fill out right there. Print out the information, from your e document information, which will include your cabin number and the section of the ship the baggage is to be sent to. Only once, in Dover, I had to find someone that knew where they kept the tags and got them for the baggage handlers.

petert

We had the edocs on our last cruise and the url wouldn't work. All we actually needed to print out was the express pass off the Celebrity Website. No muss, no fuss. Getting the luggage tags at the pier actually worked out great, only took a second and they took the bags straight on themselves. Had the fastest delivery yet on luggage to the cabin. I wouldn't be the least bit concerned about doing it this way.

Marilyn

Last cruise on the Connie - I received a hard copy and my parents received electronic! Electronic was fine except HUGE line at the pier for baggage tags, then you have to stand there filling them out. We were in and thru with our room cards already!

This time - paper tix and pre-printed bag tags. Less stress.

Thanks everybody - Can I call Celebrity to have them mail me Bag Tags I just dread standing in line and then making them out?

I have the EDoc printed along with my Express Pass so I guess I am ok.

Francine

Thanks everybody - Can I call Celebrity to have them mail me Bag Tags I just dread standing in line and then making them out?

I have the EDoc printed along with my Express Pass so I guess I am ok.

Francine

The baggage tag is right in your edocument. I make a copy and print them onto 2x4 labels and stick them to the top of my bags. It has worked every time.:D

That is so smart - I have labels as I make address labels for mailing postcards so I will just make 4 bag tag labels from the copy of the bag tag.

Thank goodness I have scanner/copier etc. so I can do it right from home.

Thank you,

Francine

Archived