Car rentals to and from port canaveral

mell312

My husband and I are on a serious budget. We are flying into Orlando, leaving out of Port Canaveral on Fantasy on 9/30 and upon return need to rent a car to drive to a wedding just north of Jacksonville. We planned on renting a car to drive to the port (we arrive in Orlando on 9/29) and staying somewhere very cheap the night before. The car is about $30-35 for the night and then we found a cheap hotel room in Cocoa for $49. Does anyone know of cheaper options than this that cover both transporation and lodging?

Also, do you know if most of the rental agencies provide free transporation to and from the port? We will probably be using Budget to get from Orlando to the port so I am hoping they will take us to the port.

When we leave we will be using Thrifty to get a car to drive north for the wedding. Do you know if Thrifty will pick us up for free?

First time cruiser so I'm full of questions!:confused: :D

Hi-

I would think that it a cheaper option for you. I am doing that myself for an upcoming cruise on Wednesday. I am flying in a day early, renting a vehicle at MCO and then staying at a hotel on the main Disney Strip for 45.00.....

Driving to PC the next day and turning in my vehicle at the Pier...that was 25.00.....

Good luck to you either way though...

tahiti:D

Hi Mell....

It is called the I Drive Inn... I in all honesty was going to cancel because I thought it would be a dump..... Thus far it is a 2 star on the rating tier, but customer feedback boosts it up to an 8 out of 10.... Majority of them gave it great reviews.. So..I said why not...If worse comes to worse, get my money back and stay somewhere else....*smiles

tahiti:)

Budget will shuttle you to the port for free (but don't forget to tip the driver). I'm not sure about Thrifty picking you up.

About your budget rental, there are some 10% off codes at mousesavers.com if you haven't used a discount code already. HTH

Archived