How to confirm a time with taxi service for disembarkation?

mypyr

We need to know the approximate time we will disembark at the pier in New York in order to let the cab service know what time to pick us up. Any suggestions? Is there any way that I can give them an estimate to the half hour or hour?

We just got off the Dawn yesterday AM. There were plenty of cabs right outside the terminal. Cost us $35 to LGA. Took about 30 minutes, we used the tunnel. No need for car service going back to airport. The $35 included tip and toll. You do have cell service about 1 hour before you get off, so you could call them then. Vicki

bookdoctor- thanks for the response but our problem is that we live in Westchester, and the cab far will be unreal if we don't have a car service pick us up...maybe I WILL be able to contact them one hour before..I'm sure that have taken and picked up other people for the pier..

We need to know the approximate time we will disembark at the pier in New York in order to let the cab service know what time to pick us up. Any suggestions? Is there any way that I can give them an estimate to the half hour or hour?

You used the term CAB service which is usually different than car/limo service, hence the answers to just get a cab at the pier. Since you may not want to pay for "waiting time", it is probably best to select a slightly later time and plan your time to leave accordingly. If you do not get a good answer here, you can always check some of the roll calls, or the PORTS of CALL boards for better ideas of timing.

By the way, there seems to be some problem with your signature. You might want to edit it.

:cool: When we got off the Dawn a few weeks ago, we had arranged to get back to Queens with Carmel Limo Service (actually a van). We talked to them in advance and agreed to call them when the ship docked. We knew we'd be doing express disembarkation and thus one of the first groups off. They were there waiting for us. Give them a Google and see if they offer rates to your liking.

Have a great cruise!

Your car service will surely know better than anyone here what they prefer. I would imagine that you're not the first person they picked up from a cruise and they probably have a routine in place..much like they do when picking someone u at the airport as fra as late arivals and what not--they can check schedules from land probably better than we can tell them from the air or sea...maybe :D

remember it takes a few hours to get off the ship once it arrives in port anyway

Archived