"L" Shaped Balcony Stateroom on Conquest Class

richcrow

Has anyone booked these staterooms on any of the Conquest Class ships(Conquest, Glory, Valor, Liberty)? In the photos that I have seen of these cabins the balcony seems to be much larger, but I'm wondering if there is as much space in the cabin. There is four 8A categories on the Upper Deck (6442,6450, 6473 & 6481 and two 8B categories on the Empress Deck (7434 & 7439).

We are going to book a Med. cruise on the Freedom and are trying to decide on what cabin to book.

Thanks,

Richard

i had 7434 on the Liberty. First side balcony- have always sailed on the aft. Booked this cabin because the deck plans say its more sq footage then a reg cabin but a lot of the sq footage cant be used because its empty space. (like the long wide hallway - its dark since there is no light there- this is where we stored out luggage. )

there is no sofa in the cabin and only a chair which we had to put in the corner out of the way so we have floor space.

I didnt think i would miss the sofa...but there is really no where to sit while the other is getting ready for dinner. (it was cold on out cruise and a side balcony is more windier then a aft balcony)

the bathroom door opens to the bed. (nice because you can keep the door opened while getting ready and see the ocean in your mirror.)

the balcony is long and narrow. the chairs will have to sit sideways so you have knee room. You wont be able to sit and look stright out.

7434 has a dvd/vrc player. we could not get our alarm clock to work..it never kept time.

The empress deck would be the better choice. The ones on the upper deck are above a public lounge.

Although the cabin was ok for us- we are spoiled by the aft balconies.. and this cabin was a disappointment for me.

here are photos http://community.webshots.com/*****

Thanks, Serene. This the kind of info that I need to make up my mind. I'm not sure that we would want to give up the sofa. By aft cabins, do you mean those that are across the back of the ship? There balconies do not seem to be any wider, just deeper. Is this correct? Also, just looking at the deck plans, balconies on the Empress Deck look like they may not be as deep as those on the Upper deck.

Richard

Richard-= a lot of people like the L shape cabin. But for 12 days I think I would really reconsider.. you will want to kill your other half midway through the cruise..lol

the afts are across the back. At least I had room back there.

I have a picture of an aft on the miracle- the afts on the conquest class are a tad bigger then that.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/231082601/1283578778062547426xGRsek

there are a few of the whole aft cabins here.. when i get to MY computer at home I will see if i can dig them up. Empress deck is better because its away frompublic areas/.

We have one of those L shaped cabins booked for Glory. We got spoiled on the Miracle with an extended balcony. We only use the sofa to store stuff, if we are sitting, it's usually on the balcony. I hope we don't feel cramped, but our PVP recommended this room. It's on the Empress deck port side. It looks like you can lay on the bed and see the ocean, is this correct? :confused: I'll be sure to get pics.

We have one of those L shaped cabins booked for Glory. We got spoiled on the Miracle with an extended balcony. We only use the sofa to store stuff, if we are sitting, it's usually on the balcony. I hope we don't feel cramped, but our PVP recommended this room. It's on the Empress deck port side. It looks like you can lay on the bed and see the ocean, is this correct? :confused: I'll be sure to get pics.

Hey Sally! Long time no talk to!! I read alot of reviews on these cabins before we booked ours... I don't think I'll be cramped sitting on the balcony... looks like plenty of knee room for me, but I'm 5'2 :p LOL!! Doesn't take much for me :D I never use the sofa either... I am generally on the balcony, or at the chair, the bed or not in the cabin at all... For the S&S cruise we have the aft cabins and the Lshaped cabins... So I will make my way to all the cabins :D LOL! I have no doubt we will enjoy the cabin... I hope you guys enjoy yours as well!! I will take plenty of pics and let you know how it is!

GC,

One of these cruises we sure would like to meet up with the CC group!:eek:

OK, I'll stop worrying about that cabin and go with the flow.........Hey, I'm only an inch taller than you, LOL!:p

Elliot- your pictures show a whole different cabin that on deck 7.

the area where the table and chair is-- all cabinets in 7435.

I like the set up in this cabin so much better. the space where the chair/table is set up is like the blank space down by the door. if they would have kept the closest down by the door and gave that floor space in the cabin by the bed it would have been better.

Elliot- your pictures show a whole different cabin that on deck 7........
Yes, it was laid out a bit differently. Since there were only two of us we really liked the cabin, and I thought we might miss the sofa (as a place to lay stuff), but it wasn't really an issue.

It is right on top of the Eagles lounge, but that wasn't much of a problem either. Most nights we went to sleep so late we never heard any noise. One night we turned in a little earlier and you could barely hear some bass coming through, but not enough to bother us. I'll stay in that same cabin again if we get the chance.

John

Serene56,

I'm booked in cabin 7439 on the Freedom next April. After looking at your pictures, I'm concerned we won't be that happy with it. Was just going to do a guaranteed 8a but PVP talk me into taking 7439 because she said room was bigger and balcony too. We have only been on one cruise and we were upgraded from balcony to a suite so we have been spoiled. Do you think we might be disappointed with this cabin? Also traveling with inlaws that are booked inside which I'm sure will be coming up to our cabin for view. I'm thinking I would miss couch and where do you eat if you order room service, which I will??? Now I'll have to think about changing my booking.

IF the cabin was set up like on Elliots photos I would say stay.

On deck 7 there is only one chair and it is in the way-- (unless youput it down by the door. (its dark there..lol)

Did you TA stay in that cabin or is she going by the deck plans.

The room does have more sq footage but like I said-- a lot of sq footage is not usuable because its mostly in the hall that has the extra footage.

Comparing photos with Elliots... The closet in his photos go all the way to the window but his chair and table is between the closet and the vanity where on deck 7 its all connected. (you DO get a VCR/DVD player)

I DID miss having a sofa. You can always sit on the bed and eat.. or pull the table to the bed like a night stand and eat there. THere is more then enough storage space for two people.

Do you use the cabin more or the balcony more??

Is this cabin for a 12 day or a 7 day cruise? Remember a cruise is what you make it.

If you only sailed in a suite... you should not compare any regular balcony cabin to that-- there is just no comparrioson with space.

I'd not like to tell you that you would not be happy with this cabin. People have booked it and liked it. Me? I was jsut disappointed- expectations were bigger then what I actually got is all.

i

the balcony is long and narrow. the chairs will have to sit sideways so you have knee room. You wont be able to sit and look stright out.

Wow, that's a disappointment. I booked my first balcony for the Conquest in December; I requested aft balcony because I read such great things, but they were already sold out, so I simply got a BL GTY. Of course, bit more expensive, but worth it since we can sit outside, drink our coffee or wine, and watch the sea. But to learn we can't even sit on the balcony and look straight out is a let down; what's the point of the balcony, then?

Perhaps leg length has something to do with it? I'm 4'11 and DBF is under 5'9''; perhaps we can squeeze ourselves in?:confused:

Wow, that's a disappointment. I booked my first balcony for the Conquest in December; I requested aft balcony because I read such great things, but they were already sold out, so I simply got a BL GTY. Of course, bit more expensive, but worth it since we can sit outside, drink our coffee or wine, and watch the sea. But to learn we can't even sit on the balcony and look straight out is a let down; what's the point of the balcony, then?

Perhaps leg length has something to do with it? I'm 4'11 and DBF is under 5'9''; perhaps we can squeeze ourselves in?:confused:

I'm 5'2 and I have plenty of room on the balconies... if you look at the pic in the link above, I have no doubt I'll have the same amount of room... It would have to be awfully narrow to not be able to sit forward, LOL... although I can see us sitting to the side a bit, and sharing the table as a footrest :D

you can sit on a balcony and see out-- my kids are able to sit out there fine. and they are over 6 feet tall.

I would love to know what balconies people are able to get lounge chairs on though. I read about people sleeping out there.

THis L shape balcony I am sure could accomadate one but the cabin steward was lazy and told me he couldnt bring one. (also it was very windowy so that could be another reason

Elliot/John: what kind of cabin did you have for your Victory cruise?
We had a standard balcony cabin on the Panorama deck (10). We enjoyed both cabins, but liked the way the "L" shaped cabin bed faced the windows and the larger balcony.

Being in the aft it is a long trek to the front of the ship. One night coming back from dinner I wasn't paying attention and turned the wrong way when I got to our deck. I saw several door decorations I hadn't noted before and when I got to the end of the hall I realized I was at the bow and not the aft of the ship. Now that was a long walk back!

John

you only did that once??? lol

I look at the signs now to make sure I head the right direction. You are so right when you said its a LOOONG walk from the front to get back to the cabin.

Since I only had that one side balcony-- how much bigger is the L shape balcony compared to a regular side balcony? is it really that much of a difference?

Only sailed the aft ones so that is what I compared the balcony to

you only did that once??? lol

I look at the signs now to make sure I head the right direction. You are so right when you said its a LOOONG walk from the front to get back to the cabin.

Since I only had that one side balcony-- how much bigger is the L shape balcony compared to a regular side balcony? is it really that much of a difference?........

Yeah, I only did that once, but when I'd leave the Lido pool bar area I had a tendency to go toward the wrong elevators/stairs for a while. I guess those drinks that Sergey loaded us up on didn't help my navigational skills....lol...

I used to know the square footage of those balconies vs a standard balcony but I can't remember it now. They aren't any deeper, but my guess is they are almost twice as wide.

One thing that did impress me about that cabin was the fact that I don't recall hearing any door slammers. It might have had more to do with the pax that were around us, but I'd like to think the room layout helped a little.

John

door slammers are caused when tje balcony door is opened and someone opens the door to the cabin. the person dont hold it-- and slam.

I have never experinced it while in a cabin but when visiting friends up on the outside deck.. wow. cant imagine sleeping and hearing that..

We had an extended balcony on Miracle, room 8232. The balcony was 3 times longer than a regular balcony. Look in my link for the Miracle cruise, there are several pics.

My PVP suggested the L shaped room on Glory for our next cruise, knowing that she had spoiled us last time. I really loved that balcony. :p There were 2 lounge chairs (sideways) in addition to the regular balcony furniture.

We had an extended balcony on Miracle, room 8232. The balcony was 3 times longer than a regular balcony. Look in my link for the Miracle cruise, there are several pics.

My PVP suggested the L shaped room on Glory for our next cruise, knowing that she had spoiled us last time. I really loved that balcony. :p There were 2 lounge chairs (sideways) in addition to the regular balcony furniture.

there is no comparison to 8232 to the L shape on the Glory. (not even close.) what deck on the glory did you book? I would love to hear comparisons when you get back--when is your cruise

you had this:

http://www.wessb.com/Cruises/Cruise3/Miracle%208232%20balcony.JPG

to this:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/548033450/2498147650062547426hYwqZI

Serene, your balcony looks like it was laid out a little different from ours also. If this was your balcony:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/548033450/2498147650062547426hYwqZI

Take another look at ours:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v348/jmiller981/100_0251.jpg

We had two large windows in our room, and the balcony door was at the far end of the balcony, so there wasn't any wasted space between the door and the other divider. Interesting how some of the "L" shaped cabins are laid out slightly different.

And I agree, there is a very big difference in those balconies compared to what sallyb had on the Miracle!

John

Serene56 you asked good questions. No one has stayed in cabin 7439 on Freedom its still being built. is suppose to be like Liberty and that is where you had the same cabin? Its so hard to say which I did more of, cabin or balcony. First cruise we did everything, lol. That cruise was in Alaska for 7nts and this one will be in Med for 12 nts. I know I can't compare it with a suite which was on RC. We were celebrating our 25th anniversary at the time. This one will be for our 33rd! was suppose to go for 30th but was diagnosed with cancer around the time I would have booked. Thankfully I didn't book it then because i couldn't even go out for dinner to celebrate let alone travel on a cruise. I'll have to think it over some what to do. Did you have 2 windows and a door or just one window? Thanks for your help.

Archived