Conquest Arrival

We just returned from the Conquest (I will post a longer review later). It was a great ship. All I can say is I hope you all booked LATE flights. Even though the ship came in early, my in-laws missed their 3:00 flight (even after they took the Carnival shuttle and everything)! Customs was a MESS. It was the most disorganized thing I have ever seen. Sure makes me think I will never cruise out of Galveston again. Miami was MUCH more efficient!

We just returned from the Conquest (I will post a longer review later). It was a great ship. All I can say is I hope you all booked LATE flights. Even though the ship came in early, my in-laws missed their 3:00 flight (even after they took the Carnival shuttle and everything)! Customs was a MESS. It was the most disorganized thing I have ever seen. Sure makes me think I will never cruise out of Galveston again. Miami was MUCH more efficient!

Customs at the port? When I was there last year 2005, we sailed right through. Perhaps this was a unique situation.

I just got off the Conquest on 16th will post review when i get home and can download my pics and scan others. We was threw customs by 10:00 to 10:30am. We also arrived early too. If you had a shuttle to airport you would be off earlier than that. We was driving and went when our beck was called. Now we was on the 8th deck so if you was lower it might have been a little longer to get off and might had problems getting to the airport on time. If I was booking a flight I would do it around 2 as they tell you if your flight is before 2:30 come and get a sticker and you are the first off the ship. If not that I would book it around 5pm.

Waaaayyyy too many Sundays for me to start counting:( ! Hey, but at least I have one scheduled and something to look forward too. Thank goodness I have my cruise critic and the Galveston web cam to help me through.:D Looking forward to everyone's reviews and pics.

Archived