SPIRIT Questions

boomboom51

Do they have Express debarkation in NYC on the Spirt? If so can someone who did the Express let me know how it went?

Do they have still do half price in the Le Bistro on the first night of the cruise? If so do they do it for every cruise?

TIA

Do they have Express debarkation in NYC on the Spirt? If so can someone who did the Express let me know how it went?

Do they have still do half price in the Le Bistro on the first night of the cruise? If so do they do it for every cruise?

TIA

Yes, they have express debarkation. I didn't use it, but the whole process seemed to go very smoothly.

Half price in Le Bistro first night for 5:30, 6:00 and after 9:30. As far as I have been able to tell, it has been half price for early dining on the first night for all sailings.

We used Express Debarkation last month and it is kind of organized chaos and we were off and in a cab by 9:30 a.m.

You carry off your own luggage and I was told there is no limit to the number of people who can sign up (you get a paper in your daily paper the day before) and over 1000 people chose it.

They do not tell you where to line up that morning and anyone I asked said to "wait for the announcement" which we never did hear and just followed the crowd (we were in the wrong place twice!) to line up on deck 7 to be lead outside to the gangway. Waited in line about 20 minutes and then the stampede begins.

A very organized cab line out front and they take you in the order you walk out of the door to the sidewalk.

I would do it again but wouldn't try it with a large group, small children or if you have a lot of luggage.

Enjoy the Spirit!!!

We sailed the Spirit on 2/28/05 and there weren't any 1/2 price specials on the restaurants. (This could have changed when itinerary changed???) Also, the express debarkation wouldn't have made a difference for our sailing. There was a problem with the Port of NY and everyone had to wait over an hour for debarkation. This didn't cause a problem for us because we just sat in Windows until our color was called. We had a great time & can't wait to do it again. (hopefully 10/29 on the Dawn)

Archived