Ship Shape dollars

I read on a Majesty compass they give you shipe shape dollars that you earn for participating in certain activities, what kind of items can you redeem them.

Please give info on how much you earn for activity and cost of items.

Thanks

There's RCI logo Shipshape key chains, lanyards, t-shirts, water bottles, backpack (might be a fanny pack). I do remember it took 8 shipshape dollars for a T-shirt and 12 for the back/fanny pack. Obviously, the key chain was 1 shipshape dollar. I don't remember the redemption values for the middle of the road stuff. And there's a few other items that i'm not sure about (visor?). I'm hoarding my shipshape dollars, they're the same for all the ships, so I can get what I want on one of my next 3 cruises without working too hard!

Hate to disagree, but the shipshape $ redemption varies from ship to ship and I don't think you will find a tshirt for 8$ anywhere. The last cruise we were on they were 14 and it does vary. One staffer told me that a lot depended on the length of the cruise and the number of SS activities offered. I have saved mine for the last 3-4 cruises--waiting for them to change the design of the tshirt. The one with the blue design on the front doesn't last anytime! Fades terribly.:o

I was able to get the t-shirt, towel, visor and backpack on my last cruise-Explorer ots. My plan was to get the t-shirt and maybe the towel. When I went to redeem my bucks, the staff member handling the "store" remembered me from the morning walks and was very generous with the redemption. I got bucks for the morning walks, dance lessons by the pool and DH did the climbing competition.

What are ship shape dollars and how are they earned?:confused:

Thanks

They are "monopoly" style $1 bills that you earn by participating in exercise activities such as a once or twice a day 1 mile walk. Also you can earn the dollars for attending the dance classes, various games and some of the exercise classes that you pay for. Some ships used to have free morning stretching and aerobic exercise classes. Some ships have gotten away from the free classes and gone to pay classes. Anyway, you can earn the $ at all of them and them redeem them for the trinkets mentioned. You can also save them to use on future cruises as the dollars are the same on all the ships.

Archived