emerald deck ?

zoe girl

will i regret booking an oceanview obstructed view on the emerald deck?

Well we have always booked balconies and this time booked an obstructed view on Emerald since they were same price as inside. We were going thru bad cruise withdrawal as this wasn't a planned cruise. So from what we can tell and from what I have researched the lifeboat shouldn't be a big obstruction since ours has the itty bitty one. Where is your cabin?

i haven't booked yet however we can choose from rooms 201-233. what do you think? did you love caribbean princess the last time? i am traveling with my mom and brother so were thinking about a ov balcony or two ov rooms on emerald. my brother is 35 and single. he's not sure he can room with my mom and I.

Hi, we were on the Grand on Emerald in an obstructed view that was really only "partially obstructed." It was midship and there were about 5 cabins on either side midship that did NOT have a lifeboat hanging in front of the window. We only had some pullies and had a full nice view!! Look at the deck plans to see what I'm talking about. ALso neat, when you're Emerald Deck Midship, you can see your room when on the dock- (easy to spot- in between the lifeboats!!). A little homework can REALLY pay off on this one!:p

We've had balconies, oceanview, and this time around on the crown, we had 2 obstructed views. Both views allowed sunlight and the view of the ocean. Glad we had them. They really were an extra bonus being that it could have been an inside. We enjoyed the cabins very much. Very comfortable, and adequate. Plus our Stateroom Stewart was awesome...Noel. We were in E516 and E610. You are one floor away from the action at night and activities during the day. 7 floors away from the pool deck and horizon court. I found them to be very convenient. I was worried that I was going to be very unhappy, and tried to move to the Lido or Riviera. I'm so glad that I wasn't granted the change.

i haven't booked yet however we can choose from rooms 201-233. what do you think? did you love caribbean princess the last time? i am traveling with my mom and brother so were thinking about a ov balcony or two ov rooms on emerald. my brother is 35 and single. he's not sure he can room with my mom and I.

I don't see cabin 233 on the deck plans but 201 and 223 both have the lifeboats, however they are closer in the front and are not as large as the aft lifeboats. My understanding is you can see straight out since the lifeboat sits just under the window.

Are there other cabins available?

If your brother were to take a separate room he still has to pay the 2 person rate, but if he were to share someone gets the bunk out of the ceiling unless you get a mini-suite that has the sofa.

You can do a search and see various pics that people have taken of their obstructed view rooms. I haven't seen a bad one yet.

We were in Emerald 416 a "partially obstructed view," which turned out to be right inbetween the lifeboats with a rather nice view. It was a great room although it did get covered in wine during the tilt.

That is the room we got. Do you have a picture of the view? I have been trying to see what the view is. The plans show a tiny boat there.

did you love caribbean princess the last time?

Forgot to answer this one. I was use to Carnival and Carnival had more of a Wow effect on me and less dressy. The Caribbean Princess is more subtle and more dressy. With Carnival you can change clothes after dinner and with this ship, you feel awkward changing into more casual clothes after dinner.

The main reason we pick this one is the piano player Bert Stratton. Find some time to see his performance.

CruisinAgain I have a picture I took of Grand Turk from our room. Although it doesn't show the actual window (which was rather large) you can see the obstruction on the right. There was another set of rails on the left as well but neither of them really took away from the view.

We absolutly loved this room!

Beware though the bathroom is very very tiny.

dscn0063copypo4.jpg

CruisinAgain I have a picture I took of Grand Turk from our room. Although it doesn't show the actual window (which was rather large) you can see the obstruction on the right. There was another set of rails on the left as well but neither of them really took away from the view.

We absolutly loved this room!

Beware though the bathroom is very very tiny.

Thank you so much. That view looks fine. I take it the bathroom is the same size as the rest of the oceanview and balcony rooms? I know the shower was so small you couldn't pick up anything that dropped and that was in our balcony room.

Did you have a little boat under your window?

Your very welcome, glad to be of some assistance.

To our right we had railings with a seperate rail tied down to it, on our left we had what looked to me like generators of some kind (i really don't know exactlly what they were but thats the best way I can describe it). There were boats on either side past all of that and no little boats below, just the deck. Here's a picture looking down out of the window. This was when we were heading back into Port Canaveral which is why so many people are out there.

dscn0164copysa2.jpg

To our right we had railings with a seperate rail tied down to it, on our left we had what looked to me like generators of some kind (i really don't know exactlly what they were but thats the best way I can describe it). There were boats on either side past all of that and no little boats below, just the deck. Here's a picture looking down out of the window. This was when we were heading back into Port Canaveral which is why so many people are out there.

That looks perfect and the location is great with one flight down to the promenade deck to go outside.

Thanks so much for posting that pic. Now we know we can see out straight and down below.

So you were on the sailing that listed? Are you okay?

dscn0164copysa2.jpg

What room number is that?

That's Emerald 416. It really is a great room for the price, location and view. When we would head back to the ship from a port we could always pick our room out from the dock which made it super easy to know which ramp to use for the quickest route back. The shower is super small, im pretty tiny (100lbs) and it was small for me.

Reggie was also our steward, he was great! He seemed very serious about doing a good job for his passengers and will have whatever you need in your room before you even have a chance to ask for it.

We were on the sailing that listed hence the trolling of the forums at 1am :D... still can't sleep. Thank god we weren't seriously injured just alot of soreness and some swelling. Thank you very much for asking, thats much appreciated. I hope you have a fantastic trip and enjoy the room as much as we did.

I'm so sorry for your experience as that must have been horrifying not knowing.

We are going on the Caribbean Princess which is suppose to be a sister ship to the Crown and will be the first time for an oceanview as opposed to a balcony in a long time, but the savings are a few hundred each and when you start thinking how much that balcony is costing you every day its best to try a different level to see if indeed it really is worth it.

So glad your cruise was enjoyable before the incident. I can't imagine what that must have felt like. Where were you?

• 1 year later...

dscn0164copysa2.jpg

lallainie,

I know that it has been over a year since this post, but if you read this, can you post your picture of E416 again? Thanks!

Just came back from our CB cruise - we had 2 obstructed rooms on Emerald deck. Room 405 had a fairly good view, a beam and ladder outside their window. We had room 521 which was totally obstructed....could have walked right into Lifeboat #19 if the window opened!! Seriously, I wanted some daylight and not an inside room. The price was right and I'm glad we took the room. You could see through the lifeboat at the water a little and we had daylight, which was my main concern. The room was in a perfect location -- no complaints at all.

Archived