Today Show Top 10 Make up Items

banditcat

This morning the Today Show had a segment on the top 10 items makeup artists use on the models. This list was created by Glamour magazine after looking in the makeup artist bags at Fashion Week. I will try to remember the 10 and maybe others can add to it as well.

Great Lash Mascara by Maybelline

Vaseline for use as an eye makeup remover

Neutrogema mineral eyeshadow

Psst dry shampoo

Revlon nail polish for pedicures sorry the color was something Coral

Loreal lipstick said that gloss was out

Well that was what I could remember. Interesting list.

And I use none of it! Especially Vaseline as eye makeup remover, yuck! I'm a contact lens wearer and would have a terrible time getting that gunk out of my eyelashes.

I'm a makeup hound, many of us are and I prefer other brands of everything. Perhaps makeup artists have to watch their bottom line, so that's why they use such cheap stuff.

I heard this was still around. Haven't seen it in years, but oldest dd was tent camping on the Black Sea for a week and it's basically Survivor - no water, showers, bathrooms, etc. The bathing is in the Black Sea. She knew her hair would be horrible and someone said they saw it in the stores. I looked everywhere for Pssstt and finally gave up. Curious if anyone else has seen it and where.

I never could get into the Maybelline mascara, so many people rave about it. And I'd NEVER use Vaseline on my eyes. They are sensitive and I have to be very careful about what type of eye makeup remover I use. That's why I usually don't use waterproof mascara because it feels horrible and is horrendous to remove. I use water to get most of my mascara off and then use a bit of eye makeup remover for what is left.

For nails, last year I found out about the Essie line of polish here on these boards and it really works great for a pedicure if you do a basecoat and top coat. It will last until it starts to grow out and needs to be redone. That's pretty good for the summer and sand and chlorine wear and tear.

Very interesting take for the oldies and goodies theme. I wonder if that was a pre-set theme?

I'd be more curious as to what makeup artists would use for a red carpet job than on the runway. Runway fashions always seem very contrived to me, with models who have very specific body types and less flaws. Actors, to me, seem to be a better middle ground since some have obvious physical realities (like visible birthmarks and wrinkles), cake on the make-up for the screen so they must have something that can cleanse well, and aren't afraid to spend a bit/alot to get good results.

Also, I'd guess that young non-super models take whatever they can get. Just look at the way hair stylists whack at their hair. It isn't quality treatment they get, here. Fake eyelashes and make-up sharing isn't something I'd encourage.

What a blast from the past, I remember Psssssssst from when I was a teeneger. I had the jingle tucked into my brain. I found it on Drugstore.com, I had to enter the name in and do a search, but it came up.

I never could get into that great lash mascara either. I do have black lashes, and I don't wear mascara often, but when I do I want it to be a bit more dramatic. L'Oreal used to make a nice curling mascara a few years ago, but they quit making it. Cover Girl had a type that made me look like like those girls from the 20's with the wide-open eyes. Kind of unnatural, I supposed, but it was a neat effect. I'm experimenting now....I have heard that Chanel has a really nice mascara for people who already have thick lashes, but I think it's one of those two-part systems.

Archived