cabin assingment suggestions

luvemcruzes

My Problem Is I Have A Teenage Son And 3 Of His Friends Wanting To Go On A Cruise But They Have To Be In A Cabin With Me Because They Are All Under 21. My Son Is The Only One Allowed In A Cabin By Himself (because He Has His Guardian On Board)but He Has To Pay Single Premium.......the Glory Will Only Allow 4 To A Cabin........they Do Not Have Any Other Suggestions Other Than Adding Another 21+ To The Group So That We Can Split Up 3 And 3 , But No One Is Available........any Suggestions Other Than Paying The Single Supplement

Actually, you would need someone 25 in that cabin...

Could you switch to an older ship that allows 5 in a cabin?? You really are going to need another adult if not... I can't think of anyway around that :(

Well, once on the ship you can effectively split up 3+2. The solo supplement may be a wash or even a savings if you find a cruise with a discounted 3rd and 4th person fare.

The other suggestion: don't take the friends. :D Or, tell them they need to recruit one of their parents/uncles/teachers/random stranger if they want to go. It isn't as if you can realistically supervise 4 teens on a ship for a week all by yourself anyway.

I just booked yesterday on the Valor, since they are joining rooms we didnt need someone older in the other cabin . You might want to look into that possiblility?

Are the people in the other cabin your kids??

Aside from the cabin issue, I'd hate to think I had to supervise four teenage boys on a cruise:eek:...especially three who weren't my own. What a responsibility, because you surely can't keep an eye on them at all times. You're either very brave or very naive`. Good luck.

I just booked yesterday on the Valor, since they are joining rooms we didnt need someone older in the other cabin . You might want to look into that possiblility?

HEY THAT SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT IDEA.....WILL DEFINATELY CALL CARNIVAL ON THIS ONE, THANKS.

AND GEEZ GUYS, ALL NAIVITY ASIDE THANKS FOR THE CONCERN ABOUT ME TAKING 4 TEENAGERS, BUT THERE IS NO NEED, THEY ARE ALL TERRIFIC KIDS........

2 are one isnt. (she is a rental LOL)

I'd be curious about how the one that isnt yours is booked? is she 21? anyone in the cabin 21 or over?

I was not able to do that as the kid wasnt mine. (he was 19) had to book in a cabin with me but since I wanted an aft cabin that only holds 2 people we couldnt do that so the kid couldnt go.

Weren't we all? :D

mmmmmm.....yup!

I overheard my "terrific kid" on the phone with her cousin this evening discussing the wonderful ,tasty, strong drink that someone gave her at a party last night...she is off on the Legend for Thanksgiving with her father and I am nervous already!

To the O.P....this cabin thing can be tricky. It is true that on older ships (fantasy class, Destiny Class and Triumph Class) you can have 5 in a cabin. The Glory is a Conquest Class and this is not possible. As a single parent I HAVE been able to book to cabins (not adjoining) with only one person (me) being over the age limit BUT I was the parent. I would check with your TA on this.

Archived