Where's the big waves'?

Rustyone

On my Carnival Paradise trip to the Eastern Carribean in the last week of 2000, in the middle of the week (one of our sea days, IIRC) we hit a thunderstorm and had some rough seas. Like the last person wrote, you make a step, wait for the Cg to settle, make another step ...

But I'm like the original poster- it was kind of fun. But then again, I'm the kind of guy who doesn't mind turbulence on airplanes 'cause it breaks up the monotony. :)

you probally would have loved our cruise last year on norwegian dawn when we had to go through the outskirts of Katrina to get to Nassau.

or are you looking for something like this :D

that pics of Qe2 roughing the north atlantic

• 3 weeks later...

As another poster mentioned, The Mexican Riviera cruise will give you some serious rockin and rollin. We had hangers sliding to and fro in our closet and could barely leave the cabin one day. I hear this is quite standard....

We haven't felt such motion on the other cruises.

We are planning another cruise in 07 or 08 and I would like to know where they keep those rock-carving-white-foaming waves I see on TV?
Serious suggestion: Go on an Antarctic cruise, crossing the Drake Passage from Ushuaia or somewhere else at the very tip of South America. It produces some great blows and great storms.
Wow, look at this video i found on the Qe2 bridge cam

that must have been a ride

http://www.mytravelreviews.co.uk/hotelvideos/qe2bow.mpg

Now, that's my sort of cruising!

I didn't think there was another person out there who would say this, but my husband has been known to say "I hope we get some rough seas" He has been in a few and loves it. I just shake my head, because I like fairly calm waters. Do not like having to hold on to the walls as I walk down the cabin halls.

Carol

Archived