Canopy Tour Puerto Vallarta Mercury

becca23

Does anybody know the name of the vendor or location of the Canopy Tour [zip line] in Puerto Vallarta that Mercury/Celebrity uses. I have a bad back and can't Zip LIne. David is booked with the ship tour and I would like to check out the site and just hang out. Any info???

Does anybody know the name of the vendor or location of the Canopy Tour [zip line] in Puerto Vallarta that Mercury/Celebrity uses. I have a bad back and can't Zip LIne. David is booked with the ship tour and I would like to check out the site and just hang out. Any info???

Hi Becca23,

All the cruise lines use Vallarta Adventures for the canopy tour. There's not much to do or see at that one for those not doing the tour. At Los Veranos and El Eden there are swimming holes and restaurants to hang out at while he does the tour, but there isn't either thing at Vallarta Adventures.

Hi Becca23,

All the cruise lines use Vallarta Adventures for the canopy tour. There's not much to do or see at that one for those not doing the tour. At Los Veranos and El Eden there are swimming holes and restaurants to hang out at while he does the tour, but there isn't either thing at Vallarta Adventures.

What will David do for food for 4 1/2 + hours?:) Should I pack him a lunch and snacks?:rolleyes: Did you get the DVD? If I do decide to go, how would I get transpertation to Canopy site?

I would advise asking these things of your concierge - things may vary depending on the ship. You can also call Vallarta Adventures at 1-888-303-2653.

You'll want to get the DVD - it's a great memory. A lot of people have had problems collecting the DVD from them who are on ships, though. Don't let them tell you that they'll "send it to you", you'll have nothing but headaches.

The excursion offered by Vallarta Adventures is the original tree top-to-tree top style canopy tour. The excursion site is in a remote region of the mountains and the trip to and back is a sight seeing excursion all by itself.

The Vallarta Adventures web site is at - http://www.vallarta-adventures.com/canopy-tour/index.html Policy may have changed in the last two years but they didn't have any provision for ride-alongs in 2004. You can contact them directly via the web site to get any of your questions answered.

They were building all new facilities at the excursion site in Nov 2004 and should have a cash bar/snack stand at this time. We did get the DVD but were staying in Vallarta on a land vacation and it was delivered to the resort the next day.

Enjoy!

De los Veranos is quite a bit less expensive than booking through the cruise line. And if you have some in your party who do not wish to do the zip lines, they can pay $20 and take the round trip shuttle with those who are doing the zip lines. There is a nice restaurant (with killer Margaritas!!! :D ) near a river to wait in. Just lovely! After the zip lines, you can swim in the river and slide on the water slides. Quite fun! The Pictures and DVD's are given to you when you pay for them - so you don't wait months for them to come! To see pictures of our trip, click on the pic's link below and choose the Puerto Vallarta album!

I would recommend de los Veranos very highly! Definitely a must do!

http://www.canopytours-vallarta.com/

Archived