I think I was upgraded?

lovacruz

I was on the carnival website and looking to get some drink coupons. When I was ready to pay for them I see my booking number was in the spot along with a cabin number. That cabin number was not mine. I called up carnival although booked by TA and told them what I saw. They said you must have an upgrade. From a balcony to a huge suite. Is that possible. I was so excited and it is Sunday so I cannot call the TA. Did this ever happen to anyone. I hope this was not a mistake.:)

Legend 7/31/06

Congratulations! It certainly appears that you have been upgraded. Experience of cruisers here on the board strongly suggests that if a cabin number comes up on the Gifts page, that you will get that cabin when you board. Do you have your documents yet? IF\f they say the same thing, that's even better, but upgrades can occur after the docs are printed, and the stuff on the website is live data, so that is where you are assigned as of this moment. Although (contractually speaking) it COULD change after this, it is unlikely to do so.

Enjoy!

Thank you for that quick response. My documents does not have that cabin. Do I need to get that changed or they will have it down on the ship. I like things in writing. I dont want to be dissappointed. Thank you

We, along with our traveling companions, were upgraded from 8A cabins to suites on a recent Carnival Valor trip. We were surprised but also found out when I tried to send friends a flower arrangement. Our docs came in with old cabin number on them and I'm one of those that want to see it in writing aw well, never mind when we get there. TA called and they sent new documents with correct information within a week.

It can keep changing up til sailing date. Dont use the tags they gave you to put in a cabin number until you get to the pier. If someone came along now and wanted to book that cabinyou willbe moved again. Booking guarantee-- nothing is set til you are onboard.

Documents will only have your cabin number listed in one place.

the sign and sail application on the back on the bottom. Its the number after the booking number.

Just curious. Did you originally book a guarantee or a specific cabin? From your first post it looked to me like you had a specific cabin booked but were upgraded from that one to a suite. "That cabin number was not mine. "

Have you called your ta yet today?

Happened to us once! We had a specific OV cabin booked, and discovered we had gotten an upgrade to a suite when the picture of our cabin type changed. Our docs still had the old cabin, but we went through Skipper's Club at the terminal and they had all our info there.

Congrats!

Yes we had a specific cabin booked and I as well looked at the picture and there was a beautiful suite. I called the TA today to confirm since it was over the weekend i found this. He confirmed this and also told me i go through the skipper club. I guess this must mean we go on a different line to check in. This was very exciting.

Once they upgrade you to a suite can they take it away? The above poster said that if there is someone who wants your room they can have it? Then where would they put you? Back to an 8A? I know it is rare that you are upgraded to a suit but.... :D

Once they upgrade you to a suite can they take it away? The above poster said that if there is someone who wants your room they can have it? Then where would they put you? Back to an 8A? I know it is rare that you are upgraded to a suit but.... :D

Yes, they really haven't upgraded you "yet", you found it by the gift method right? It's a place holder and yes, it can change, especially if they get someone that wants the Suite. They would move you back to the guarantee pool that you were in.

Yes, they really haven't upgraded you "yet", you found it by the gift method right? It's a place holder and yes, it can change, especially if they get someone that wants the Suite. They would move you back to the guarantee pool that you were in.

But she said she hadn't booked a guarantee to begin with. She had a specific cabin booked and when she went to order something she saw a different cabin number. She called her ta and they confirmed that she had been upgraded to a suite and now has Skipper's Club privileges. Usually when they upgrade someone from a specific cabin it sticks.

If the poster booked a set cabin in the cat 8 and carnival took it away and gave it to someone else. the chances of getting a suite are indeed higher. The chance if it going back to an 8A is very slim- but gives the poster some kind of lead here-- if they did book a set cabin and carnival took it away-- without asking-- the poster can coz trouble and demand that cabin back. thats why they upgraded to a better cat cabin.

---

now if the poster booked guarantee and saw a few weeks ago a cat 8a then saw a cat 11-- yes the suite can be taken away and put back intot he guarantee status again.

No way will they take away a set cabin assignment for another cabin in the same category--unless you booked a handicapped cabin or booked a cabin for 4 when you only need it for 2- thats a different story

But she said she hadn't booked a guarantee to begin with. She had a specific cabin booked and when she went to order something she saw a different cabin number. She called her ta and they confirmed that she had been upgraded to a suite and now has Skipper's Club privileges. Usually when they upgrade someone from a specific cabin it sticks.

Hey ML!!!

I was responding to the poster above me, not the OP. I was assuming that poster had a guarantee, but shouldn't have!! LOL!!! :D

I'm not getting this whole upgrade after booking a specific cabin thing:confused:

I was always told if you book a specific cabin and say they wanted to move you or upgrade you, you had to be asked first. They can't just move you without contacting you. That's what we were always told.:confused:

I'm not getting this whole upgrade after booking a specific cabin thing:confused:

I was always told if you book a specific cabin and say they wanted to move you or upgrade you, you had to be asked first. They can't just move you without contacting you. That's what we were always told.:confused:

Ah, but that's not true, LOL... it does happen, and makes some happy, some not so happy. I don't think it is common, but it does happen... happened to my parents years ago... but they were upgraded to a suite, so they didn't complain, LOL. You have to make sure your TA or PVP knows that you do NOT want to be moved.

Ah, but that's not true, LOL... it does happen, and makes some happy, some not so happy. I don't think it is common, but it does happen... happened to my parents years ago... but they were upgraded to a suite, so they didn't complain, LOL. You have to make sure your TA or PVP knows that you do NOT want to be moved.

My TA had always told us that we wouldn't be moved. Is that something the TA puts down when they book it for you? If so, then my Ta probable does that. I had always been concerned about that because we always book balcony rooms with other couples next to us. And we wouldn't want one of us to be moved.

If I was booked with other friends or family I probably would not love to be moved,but since my husband and I are alone it worked out great. We are celebrating our 25th Anniversary so Carnival gave us a great gift. Thank you all for your responses.

Carnival Legend July 31'06

Quick question....we have never recieved an upgrade:(

Is this because we used a military discount? Just curious...

About the suite...we booked one once and were allowed to use VIP...that was a nice experience especially during embarkation!

Guest YesitDonna

There wer two guys on our last cruise that booked an OV. (first cruise) When they got to their cabin it was a suite! They went to the pursers desk to ask if it was a mistake because they booked an OV LOL

Archived