Bahamas question:Carnival Sensation

vicocala

Hi all,

My DW and I are going on a three day cruise in October. I have a couple of questions:

1) Which night is the formal night?

2) We are going snorkeling using Stuart's Cove, how far is the straw market from the Tourist Info center and how far are each in relation to the ship?

3) We arrive at ten am and meet for the tour at about 12:00 in front of the Tourist center will we have time to hit the straw market before the tour?

4) Any recommendations for nighttime activities in Nassau? We won't be leaving until the following morning so time isn't an issue in the evening.

5) for anyone who has used Stuart's for the afternoon, what time did you get back to the ship?

Thanks much!

Okay I will try to help out

1. Formal night is usually the night whne they are in port But i am not positive about the sensation....

2. tourist info center is large building to the right of security once you exit the dock area, straw market is about a 5 minute walk from there

3. You could prob do it but I would not recomeend it it will be very crowded and you will not be able to sped as muh time as you would like shopping... it can be a pretty long walk from the boat to the entrance to the peir depending on where you are docked....(about a 3-5 minute walk).

4. if you have not done altantis that is a good safe choice.. boat ride over is nice in the evening, or senor frogs is their and is pretty hopping it is just a bit past the straw market If you are into history and like pirates I suggest taking in the pirate museam (straight dwon the street from the straw market about 3 blocks) it is very educational and intersting and well worth the 12.00 to get in.. plus they have a nice bar just outside of the museaum...

5. Cannot help you we did not do stuarts cove, we prefer open water snorkeling from a boat....

hope this has helped...

Thanks Ruttie,

You really are a doll!

Stuarts Cove is snorkeling from a boat, btw. It just is a bummer that the whole process will take about six hours from catching their bus to returning to the ship.

oops did not know that figured it was one of those beach private island snorkeling thing...

make sure you bring your own water, and if you are an experienced swimmer push to be able to take off your life vest so you can go down deep.. some of the tours are pretty strcit about you using a life vest but that is no fun if you are over a shipwreck or reef... 6 hrs that is a long.. time to be on a snorkling tour.. any more questions let me know....

Vic-------Dennis and I have indeed snorkeled with the sharks..........I sent you pics from webshots to see..........you'll get back to the ship area around 5ish.......Stuarts Cove is about a 45 min drive from where they pick you at the port area.

If you get off the ship at 10 or so,you will have time for the straw market,but if you dont,dont worry.....its mostly junk,IMHO.

Not sure about formal night on Carnival,but RCCL's is the 2nd night on the 3 nighters............I imagine its the same.......

Havent done any night life...but like Ruttie said,go to Atlantis.......its kinda dress up time at night though...Senor Froggys is right at the pier and you can walk that.............

I have been to nassau more than a dozen times,........any more questions,ask away..

Archived