Swizzle Inn and Horseshoe Bay

sbharr

MY DH and I have never been to Bermuda. We are docking there for one day at the West End on the Crown Princess. We have been told by family that the two must-do's for newbies to Bermuda is Horseshoe Bay Beach and a drink at the Swizzle Inn. How would you suggest we do this from the West End? Ferry? Taxi, bus? etc. I have no idea if these two things are even near each other. If they are too far apart, is there another beach near the Swizzle Inn that you would recommend?

Thanks in advance! Any help is greatly appreciated.:)

The south shore beaches are truly a must, as is the swizzle inn. The south shore beaches are easily accessible by bus from the bus stop right outside the swizzle inn. You MUST see them though, and not just Horseshoe bay. We just got back Sunday from Bermuda and not only was Horseshoe Bay nice but make your way up the shore and check out the rest as well, including Jobson Cove which is it's own little beach/cove, don't just limit yourself to Horshoe Bay!

To get the exact bus schedule just do a search on here, I know someone posted a link to the exact schedule and line you would use to get there from the west end or just stop off at the Visitors Center when you get there.

Massi

From the West End.. you can take a bus to the Swizzle Inn...yes, it is a must..either for lunch or for entertainment and karoke at night..

There are now two Swizzle Inns. The original is located near St George, next to the Crystal Caves. The newest one was originally a restaurant called Paws Paws and is located on the South Shore. The address is 87 South Shore Road and it is between Elbow Beach and Astwood Cove. If you buy a transportation pass for the day, it will cost $12 per person. It will include unlimited use of the ferries and buses. So you could take a ferry from the dockyard (West End Or King's Wharf) to Hamilton. Takes about 20 minutes and is nice, scenic ride. Go shopping and sightseeing, there is also a nice fort if you have time. Then take the bus to either Horseshoe Bay or Swizzle Inn in any order. Horseshoe Bay is closer to the dockyard so if you go there first, go back towards Hamilton for the Swizzle Inn.

Archived