St. Petersburg in May

Guest LetMeGo

In other words, it's impossible to know. :D

Helsinki is practically across the bay, and the temperature varies quite a bit from year to year. Some years it can be in the 40's until July, while some years it can be a steady 80's throughout May. :eek:

Your best bet is to watch in April whether the Baltic sea still has ice (which will usually keep the weather cool for a relatively long time), and what the weather is like in central Russia right before your trip (because the winds are usually blowing from the inlands).

Guest LetMeGo

You don't really need a lot of clothes to prepare for the weather...

As a local, I pretty much dress in the same kind of (black) jeans and t-shirts from May to October... And carry a wind-proof jacket and an umbrella in my back pack. :D

Guest LetMeGo
Tero, are hop on hop off buses near the different areas where the cruise ships dock in Helsinki? Can you buy tickets from the driver? Thanks for any info.:)

Hi. Yes there is a hop on hop off bus service that stops at all other terminals except the West Terminal which is sometimes used by cuise lines (apparently one of the HAL ships regularily docks there).

Here's an ad of the route.

The price is pretty steep (22€ or 10€ with the Helsinki card), and most of the same route is covered by the "tourist" tram line 3, which will only cost 6€ for the entire day. And for the same price you can ride all the other trams and buses, as well as the Suomanlinna ferry.

The public transport tickets you can get sraight from any driver, and I seem to remember you can get the hoho tickets from the driver as well... Although I'm not entirely sure about that. :confused:

Archived