Midwest Airlines

kuJhawk

I am flying from Kansas City to Los Angelos on Midwest airlines this weekend for a cruise on the Pride. I would like to hear about other peoples experience with this airline be it good or bad so I will knwo what to expect.

Thanks

I am flying from Kansas City to Los Angelos on Midwest airlines this weekend for a cruise on the Pride. I would like to hear about other peoples experience with this airline be it good or bad so I will knwo what to expect.

Thanks

I have flown them twice and no problems. Staff was very friendly and the planes were brand new. I made a comment about the new plane and the flight attendent actually went to the front of the plane and got the manufacturer date and told me the plane was 2 weeks old. Very nice of them. The warm cookies were good too. Plane arrived early on both flights by about 10 minutes.

Midwest Airlines (formerly Midwest Express) provides its "Signature Service" between MCI and LAX. You can read about it HERE. The main attraction is 2-2 seating on either 717 or MD82 aircraft, somewhat equivalent to the first class seating on other airlines. You'll also get fresh baked chocolate-chip cookies baked onboard for flights that are after 10AM.

Lots of info on the Midwest website - poke around and see.

After flying Midwest from KC to Florida in March, it will be hard to go back to SW. In the future, if Midwest has a flight to where I'm going, and the price is close, I'll go with Midwest.

Mizzou.jpg Sorry - couldn't resist!

Remember, there is a significant difference between their "Signature" and "Saver" services. MCI is the hub for their Signature service (only SFO is a Saver destination from MCI), while MKE is a mix of both. You can get the route map for Midwest, showing the service provided, at THIS LINK.

We fly on Midwest to Las Vegas 2 times a year. They are the Saver flights. Never had a problem with them. Very nice airline. Wish we could fly on Midwest all the time. Love the cookies!

Gail

Remember, there is a significant difference between their "Signature" and "Saver" services.

The only real difference is is the seats. They are larger and leather on the Signature service. They still serve cookies on both versions and offer complimentary non-alcoholic beverages. Maybe the service is bit better on the signature planes due to less pax, but the seats are really the difference, IMO.

Archived