Lago Mar - Fll

Has anyone stayed at this hotel? If so, would you recommend it? How close to Port Everglades? Do they have an airport shuttle and/or shuttle service to take you to Port Everglades?

I just stayed there recently. Beautiful property directly on the beach, nice pool as well. Wonderful room, great restaurant, best eggs benedict in town. Friends were in town departing for their cruise the following day. Shuttle service was not available. It's under 10 minutes to the port. One of the nicest beachfront locations to watch the cruise ships arrive and depart. I cannot speak highly enough about this property. Recently it's been available on easyclick for $132 a night. Great price for a resort. ;)

Easy click has great rates! Thanks for the tip. I'm confused and maybe you can help.

They offer a one bedroom suite and a one bedroom suite with a kitchenette. I wish I knew if it was the poolside suite, executive or oceanside. But I doubt highly that it would be oceanside for that price.

When I stayed there were always a couple of cabs standing by. I had a standard room overlooking the pool with a sliver of ocean view. You'll see plenty of ocean on your cruise, go for the best rate. ;)

When I stayed there were always a couple of cabs standing by. I had a standard room overlooking the pool with a sliver of ocean view. You'll see plenty of ocean on your cruise, go for the best rate. ;)

You do have a point. They have so many different room types, I don't know which one to choose. So, you stayed in a standard as in their "resort accomodation" ? I didn't think that was poolside. I thought you would have to book a pool side which is more money and I believe it is actually a suite with a living room and seperate bedroom.

I found a great deal through Kayak (thanks for all of the tips). I am just waiting to verify the room type so I know what exactly what I am paying for. By any chance…does anyone know how far the “resort accomadations” are from the pool or beach? These are the cheaper rooms that have 2 double beds – no separate living room area.

Hi - Bequia & Somewherebeyondthe sea,

I am so confused. We need a 1 night stay for 3-2-07 and I thought we were going to do the Amerisuites until I read the reviews. I don't need luxury, but we do need comfortable bed (I have a bad back) and a clean bathroom.

I was interested in something near the port, but I don't have a need for the beach or water taxi. I just want to be able to go to a grocery store (Publix etc) to buy a case of water to take onboard. With that said.

HELP! I spent a few hours yesterday and still don't know what to do. This Lago Mar Resort sounds great for the price, but I cannot find it on easy click or kayak. Am I doing something wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Any other places would be trully wonderful. We don't want to break the bank.

Somewherebeyondthesea,

The rates are way out there. Ugh, I am getting frustrated.

Ren $360 + tx

Pier 66 $ $286 + tx

Bahia Mar $229 + tx courtyard

Westin $199 + tx

Hampton Inn SW 12th Ave $170.10 +tx (includes both shuttles & breakfast)

do you know about the Hamption?

Well, I went ahead and booked Lago Mar. I ended up paying a pretty penny for it but to make a long story short. I found unbelievable rates on Skoosh through Kayak. What happened was those rates were no longer available when I went to put the reservation through and at this point I kinda had my heart said on this hotel. I know it's only one night but comparing to the rates for a 1 and 2 star (being kinda high for what it is) I'd rather go with the 4 star and pay a lil more.

Try www.skoosh.com they do have really good rates and were very helpful.

Archived