Shore Excursion Cancellations

mvls1

My family is taking the 8/20 Alaska cruise on the Star and need to find out about booking/cancelling shore excursions. Specifically what I need to know is the cancellation policy for excursions booked through NCL. My understanding is that you can cancel up to 24 hours before the excursion without any charge to your account. Is that true? We may need to cancel one of our excursions in favor of another if it comes available while on board the ship prior to arriving in port. Our 1st choice was booked and they won't be able to tell us about cancellations until after we board. NCL does not take a waiting list prior to boarding so we will have to wait until the last couple of days to find out where we stand.

Anyone have any experience along this line? Thanks in advance for your help.

Specifically what I need to know is the cancellation policy for excursions booked through NCL. My understanding is that you can cancel up to 24 hours before the excursion without any charge to your account. Is that true?

Yes, you can cancel and receive a refund as long as you do so more than 24 hours before the excursion. Here's the exact policy, as posted on NCL's web site:

"All tours cancelled within 24 hours prior to arrival in the port where the tour is scheduled to operate are non-refundable. Certain tours, such as overland tours, flightseeing tours, customized tours and tours with theater performances or special events may be subject to different cancellation fees. Check with the Shore Excursion office for details. You can cancel a tour by returning the tour ticket to the Shore Excursion office and advising the staff of the cancellation. Refunds will be credited to the guest’s onboard account."

Archived