Rome-Shuttle limo service

ALMAG123

We are cruising with HAL for 20 days starting Aug 19 from Civitavecchia. Has anyone used "Rome-Shuttle" limo service to get from the airport to the pier and back? There price is 230 Euros for the round trip, which is a lot less than the bus service offered by HAL and also other limo services. Before I made a reservation, I wanted to be sure they were reputable. Also, anyone out there who might be travelling on that day and need a ride to the pier, the price quoted is for up to four people, and we're only two. If you are interested in sharing the trip, say so on line, and maybe we can save some money.

Fredm

I would suggest posting this on the roll call for your cruise to have a better chance of finding someone to share the vehicle and the costs. Here is a link to the rollcall.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=326275

I have not used this service but you might try posting the same question the CC europe board and see if anyone there has used them.

Have a great next cruise.

We are cruising with HAL for 20 days starting Aug 19 from Civitavecchia. Has anyone used "Rome-Shuttle" limo service to get from the airport to the pier and back? There price is 230 Euros for the round trip, which is a lot less than the bus service offered by HAL and also other limo services. Before I made a reservation, I wanted to be sure they were reputable. Also, anyone out there who might be travelling on that day and need a ride to the pier, the price quoted is for up to four people, and we're only two. If you are interested in sharing the trip, say so on line, and maybe we can save some money.

Fredm

I've used "Bob's Limo Service". Two years ago and I don't think the price was as high as Euro250.

If you are happy with the price I'm sure you would find your shuttle to be reputable.

Stephen

Hi ALMAG123,

You might want to check out the CC Boards Europe Forum. There have been quite a few threads on transportation to and from the Rome airport and the Civtavecchia pier. There are quite a number of options and many of the people that post to that board have a wealth of experience. I hope you have a wonderful cruise!

I've used "Bob's Limo Service". Two years ago and I don't think the price was as high as Euro250.

If you are happy with the price I'm sure you would find your shuttle to be reputable.

Stephen

we have also used Bob's Limo Service and I think it was only about 120US to take us to the airport. Rome is not that much further afield so I would get some more quotes.

Usually we organize with the concierge at our Hotel to get us a taxi and the cost has never been anything like what you have been quoted.

Jennie

Last year we shared with 2 other couples with Stephano and gave him 50 Euros each so that included the tip. He had to go to 3 different locations and they were not close to one another. We were on a roll call and that is where it was posted about sharing the ride. We met on board and it all worked out really well the driver was on time. Have a great trip.

Kathy

Archived