Reservations first night out on POH?

cctrekker

Some debate here at home whether you can make dinner reservations at the specialty restaurants for your first night on the ship. From the dailies I can see that they are open the first night, but is it first come, first serve or can you reserve a dinner time for that first night. Clearly you can for the rest of your nights on board, just asking about the first.

Thanks!

Wasn't the POH (rather the Star out of Hawaii), but I there were people taking reservations the fist day. Tables were set up in the main lobby near the pursers desk. I bet it's the same for your cruise.

Enjoy your cruise.

Well that's my understanding also, but you can board the ship at 1:30 PM and can make reservations once on board, so there is plenty of time to reserve a dinner slot for the evening. Better half thought it was open seating (first come first serve) that first night, but I see no information indicating same one way or the other so figured I'd ask here.

Well that's my understanding also, but you can board the ship at 1:30 PM and can make reservations once on board, so there is plenty of time to reserve a dinner slot for the evening. Better half thought it was open seating (first come first serve) that first night, but I see no information indicating same one way or the other so figured I'd ask here.

If you want to dine at one of the specialty restaurants for the first night, go ahead and make a reservation when you get on board (and really, for other nights as well, if you are able to). Since they are taking them, there is a risk that you won't get a table as a walk-in.

Does anyone know if your dining reservations on the POH can be made prior to getting on the ship. I've read on several threads where booking the dining reservation on the TV in your cabin is difficult? Please advise.....looking forward to trying NCL....always sailed Carnival and rate all of my Carnival Cruises as fantastic! We are booked on the POH Thanksgiving cruise leaving Nov. 20th....anyone else booked on this cruise? :)

Does anyone know if your dining reservations on the POH can be made prior to getting on the ship. I've read on several threads where booking the dining reservation on the TV in your cabin is difficult? Please advise.....looking forward to trying NCL....always sailed Carnival and rate all of my Carnival Cruises as fantastic! We are booked on the POH Thanksgiving cruise leaving Nov. 20th....anyone else booked on this cruise? :)

Unless you are with a group or have a special dietary need you can not book dinner reservation prior to getting on board. Only other exception is if you booked a pre-night with NCL at one of the hotels that have a service desk, then they will make dinner reservation at this desk for you. Booked restaurant reservations using the in cabin TV and did not have a problem with the system. Once you board you can make reservations for one or all nights. Easy system to use or just go to one of the restaurants and they can do all reservations for you. Not necessary to go to each individual restaurant, the reservation system is interactive.

Archived