E-doc dance??

When are you cruising on Mariner? We are booked on Mariner for 9/17 and we haven't received an email yet. I noticed you are also cruising in September. If you are the 3rd, then I could expect our docs in 2 weeks.

When are you cruising on Mariner? We are booked on Mariner for 9/17 and we haven't received an email yet. I noticed you are also cruising in September. If you are the 3rd, then I could expect our docs in 2 weeks.

Yep, we're on the 3rd, so it should be just a couple more weeks for you.

Rationally and even ethically, I'm glad that we don't have all that wasted paper and printing expense anymore . . . and on our last cruise (the first with e-docs), having the porter fill out the tags probably added a grand total of two minutes to our check-in time. I guess I'll just have to reconcile myself to losing out on the thrill of find them in the mail. :)

la_croisiere_s'amuse,

Come and join the Mariner Maniacs on our Roll Call board!! We have got quite a rowdy but fun group party started already!! If you have not already registered for the Meet and Mingle (The site is currently down) please do, we have about 70 people registered so far!!

Looking forward to seeing you on the Roll Call!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=290516

I just booked a last minute trip on line and will be getting everything e-mailed to me. When I asked about baggage tags the person said we would get them at check-in and that they would be bar coded. Is this your understanding? We've always dumped off our bags way before we get to the check-in counter.

I just booked a last minute trip on line and will be getting everything e-mailed to me. When I asked about baggage tags the person said we would get them at check-in and that they would be bar coded. Is this your understanding? We've always dumped off our bags way before we get to the check-in counter.

Hmm . . . that sounds strange to me. The only e-doc cruise we've done so far was with Celebrity, not RCI, but we just took them to the porter and he filled out the info and tagged our bags for us.

I'm with you, I don't see how you could get that far into the check-in process and still be schlepping your bags around with you. My guess is that you ran into a misinformed representative (which, sadly, isn't exactly rare :o). I've heard other CC'ers say that they've printed out & laminated their own luggage tags along with their documents -- I think I'll just stick to having them done at the pier, though. I guess I'm too lazy to take luggage tags to Kinko's. :D

Archived