Paris Weather

Looking for information from those that are in the know about weather in Paris and France. We are looking at a tour - 4 nights in Paris, 7 nights on a Seine River Cruise and 3 nights in Normandy. Starting date is April 20th. Is this two early? Would there be green and flowers? There are other starting dates but this one works for our schedule. Thanks, Quacker Don :)

The weather is always changeable in Paris. What I mean by that is when you leave the hotel the sky is blue and an hour later it rains! Really.
I have been in Paris in March in wearing but a tee shirt and slcks at noontime but seen people in winter coats and cords in July.
Bring layers. It can get cool, esp at night. Spring comes a bit earlier in Paris than here in NY - it is further north. Usually the trees/flowers are *ahead*...But it can always get cool and rainy.
Check out a website like weather underground for historical temps. But I would say that April is ideal- not as many crowds.

I was in Paris the week of April 1st this year. It was what I call "blazer weather". I wore cotton shirts and a light blazer. An all weather raincoat would work well too. You probably would not need wool at that time of year.

Paris weather is very change-able. Always bring an umbrella.

Jane

Thanks for your information. We were just worried that April 20th might be too early for any green or flowers. We have lived in So. California so long that we have lost contact with the reality of four seasons. Don :)

If you are looking for information about France I found a good website. [url]www.francetourism.com[/url] You can ask a specific question and they will e-mail you a answer. I put the question asked on this thread and got a very informative answer in just a few days. Don

Archived