Your Favorite (Recommended) Eastern Caribbean Excursions

I'm sure many of you have had wonderful excursions on your Royal Caribbean cruises. Can anyone suggest their favorite recomendations for the Eastern Caribbean?

Thanks in advance!

What are the ages of the travelers?

My faves for RCI excursions:

San Juan- Old San Juan Walking Tour. Super way to really experience the town. The guides are knowledgeable and go at your group's pace.

St. Thomas- (1) Atlantis Submarine. A little pricey but great GREAT views of the underwater world. (2) St. John Island Tour. Nice way to get a sense of where the beaches are on St. John so you can decide where to go independently later on (or the next time).

St. Maarten- Marigot Yachting. Your chance to pretend you are (a) rich (b) famous or © on the French Riviera. Oh, and all you care to drink rum punch.

Nassau- Historical Sites and Atlantis (I think this is what it was called). Covers most of the highlights of Nassau.

windjamming - Have you done the Marigot Yachting? We've booked this for September and would really like any information you have on it.

Thank you, Cherrin

Hi Cherrin- yes, we did the Marigot Yachting excursion 2 years ago. VERY relaxing, and I highly recommend it. A bus took us from Philipsburg to the French side of the island, and from there we boarded the yacht.

We sailed to Marigot, where they dropped us off and we had some time to have lunch and shop before getting back on the yacht and sailing back.

The yacht we were on was a family-run operation, with the dad as the captain and his daughters as deck-hands. There was an upstairs and a downstairs, and I'd say about 30 people on the excursion.

We just did the America's Cup REgatta in St. Maarten - it was GREAT!!! Depending on your preference, you can choose an active, moderately active or bystander role. It was lots of fun!!! The crew was very knowlegeable and helpful.

We just did the America's Cup REgatta in St. Maarten - it was GREAT!!! Depending on your preference, you can choose an active, moderately active or bystander role. It was lots of fun!!! The crew was very knowlegeable and helpful.

Ditto on that one...what a blast!

We are 48 and 38.

Thanks to everyone (so far) for the excellent responses!

Okay.. here is what we did two weeks ago. I am 45 and had 5 kids with me ranging from 14-18. :)

St. Thomas - On Deck Ocean Racing. Similar to the much acclaimed America's Cup Racing excursion on St. Maarten. After your instruction you practice a bit of tacking and then its race time against their other boat. Why did we do this out of St. Thomas vs. St. Maarten... <drum roll>

St. Maarten - Lotterie Farm Treetop Adventure. This zipline course is a blast. It's not for someone who wants to sit around on a beach and sip pina coledas but for those looking for a bit of energetic activity... it's a good time. You are in the mango trees through a series of ziplines, rope ladders etc for about an hour. My crew enjoyed it thoroughly and would do it again in a heartbeat. Fun and active (yes... you will work up a sweat) :) but be back in plenty of time to head to a beach.

St. Thomas: Godfrey's tour. It's only $25 and includes a lot. he will pick you up at the ship and take you to town to shop. When you get picked up is your choice and depends on how much shopping you want. He picks up at 9, 10, and 11. Then, at noon, he picks you up from shopping and takes you on a motor tour of the island. This lasts for two hours and touches on all the highlights. Then, he will drop you at Coki, Sapphire or Megan's Bay Beach for about a 90 minute swim (or you can elect to return directly to the ship).

Mr. Godfrey and his other drivers were kind, courteous and prompt. I could not believe the tour was only $25 because it was really a very good value.

In St. Maarten you MUST do the Rhino Riders. They are like waverunner, but are bigger inflatable rafts. After you go around Simpson Bay Lagoon you snorkle on a beautiful deserted beach all while having some water and pop (soda). We used ShoreTrips for ours and it was cheaper than RCI's excursion so I recommend that. We just got a taxi at the pier and made our way to the Rhino Rider place and had a blast.

Derek

JoBrian? When you did the zip lines, did you book with Royal Caribbean? I can't find a web site. Thanks

On St. Maarten.. we left at 8:00a off the boat.

The tour has an exclusive with Royal Caribbean so when the boat is in port, you must book through RCCL. Some postings on the site indicate some folks have just made their way out there and tried to get a spot with varying degrees of success.

The excursion is on the RCCL website under Loterie Farm Treetop Adventure Tour.

Archived