the Dreaded shoe shopping day...

poorsusan

Today I am going to start to shop for the shoes for my outfit from Chadwicks. http://www.chadwicks.com/Product.aspx?PfId=80211&ProductTypeId=1&size=8&color=WISTERIA

(The outfit is for my son's wedding and for the cruise in January 2007.)

I bought this outfit in a size 10!!!! ( I have lost 25 pounds since March for my son's wedding.) Now I have to get shoes for it. I am going to try for silver sandals...

but this is the problem. I have very small feet - size 4 for sneakers and about a 5 1/2 for shoes. And I have a high instep and a wide foot. So this will probably be an adventures - especially since I have to get something specific.

I am going this afternoon with a friend and later on going to meet up with future daughter in law.

So everyone cross your fingers and send me luck to get an attractive pair of comfortable medium heeled silver sandals.....;)

Good luck on the shoe hunt!

Keep in mind that a pewter or gold shoe would look great with this outfit as well. I'm leery of wearing a shoe that is lighter in color than the outfit, I'm always afraid the shoe will stand out over the clothing.

So, try on everything you see in your size and don't be afraid to ask the salesperson to contact another store if they don't have your correct size.

Have fun :)

Zappos carries very few wide shoes....believe me I have looked there...plus if they don't fit it is a pain to send them back.

I have looked at another online company.... http://dyeableshoecompany.stores.yahoo.net/cl48sh.html

There are a few here that I like too...and no restocking fee and they have wide shoes.

So I am off....

Thanks for the positives on the weight loss....I want to do another 10 before the wedding in September and another 10 before the cruise in January. That will bring me to 125.

The local Nordstroms Rack and off 5th had some shoes in your size (majorly cute ones, too). The Rack had a really cute pair of silver Jimmy Choos in I believe, a 5 1/2! Of course, it was still expensive, but they were very cute.

Zappos carries very few wide shoes....believe me I have looked there...plus if they don't fit it is a pain to send them back.

This comment made me do a double-take. I have given up shopping for shoes in brick & mortar stores because I have wide feet and can NEVER find a shoe (outside of fitness shoes) that fit me properly but I can always find something I like through Zappos. I really appreciate the free (and fast!) shipping and free returns. But then again, I have a size 7.5W foot so I guess there is probably more selection out there for me than you with your smaller foot plus I have to go to a UPS Store daily to pick up mail for my business, so dropping off a return is not a pain at all. I'd way rather shop from the comfort of my own home and deal with a simple return than trudge around multiple stores only to get frustrated.

Anyway, just felt the need to defend my favorite shoe store, I guess. :rolleyes:

Congrats on the weight loss!! And good luck in your shoe hunt! As hard as it can be to find cute shoes in my size, I absolutely adore shoes and they are my weakness, for sure!

I have looked at another online company.... http://dyeableshoecompany.stores.yahoo.net/cl48sh.html

There are a few here that I like too...and no restocking fee and they have wide shoes.

Just had to check out the link- I am always open to trying something new!

However, I wanted to warn you about Dyeables brand shoes. Their wides are really not very wide at all. I have a pair of pre-colored navy sandals I bought a few years ago and even after buying a shoe stretcher to stretch them out the day I was to wear them, my feet suffered horribly that evening and I could not wait to take them off! I've had this experience with their shoes more than once (Yes, I should have learned the first time), and read others' reviews that said the same. Just wanted to give you a heads up.

I don't know about the other brands they carry.

I bought my shoes.....and a pair in gold too! I told my daughter in law that she is good luck for me....they were the 3rd and 5th pair I tried on. I bought them in The Shoe Dept in Colonie Center. They are a size 5 1/2 - but didn't have to be wide. The brand is Annie. And they were marked down to $25!!

(I took a pic of them and tried to attach it but it is too big. I don't know how to shrink it or else I would show them to you!!

I am very happy with them. The clerk in the store saw me trying on the a pair in a size 4 in the childrens' dept and said she had some small women's in the same type in the front of the store. And there they were. I even had a choice! She says they try to carry 5's and 5 1/2's but have to beg for them...and they sell them all.

This is such a relief for me~ They are very comfortable with a 2 inch heel. Pretty and feminine and they DO NOT LOOK LIKE CHILDRENS' SHOES.... LOL

Thanks for all your support. Zappo's does have similiar ones but not the pair I bought...and my price was better!

In Sears - of all places - I bought my clutch purse.....and some hair jewelry and bracelet,necklace and earings.....SO I AM DONE!!!!

Archived