VIP Check In

carabou1

We will be sailing with another couple in September on the Triumph.

We are suppose to go to VIP check in. My question is since they are in an OV can they come with us to VIP? They have never cruised before, so I would like to keep them with us.

Thank you for your replies.

Guest YesitDonna

It you are on the same reservation you can fo sure. Even if you aren't usually they won't make you split up if VIP isn't packed.

The bottom line is that if the other couple made their own arrangements and are not listed on your documents, then the answer is generally no. However, you hear "rumors" here and there of exceptions being made if it is not to crowded. Personally, I would assume that if I want to stay with this couple and board together...that I will forgo the VIP and stand in the regular line with them.

LHP,

Thank you for your non-sarcastic reply. What you suggested is what I was planning on doing.

To everyone else, it was a reasonable question. Next time, if you don't like the question, just don't bother answering.

I watched a family last week with one son on crutches ....lol...

They used the VIP/ special needs line and it worked great for them...

But during the week the kid was running up and down the ships stairs like no tomorrow... I just laughed, asked my daughter later if she knew who I was talking about, she said yes he used the crutches so they could get through checkin faster.. he had been joking to their youth group about it...

Just goes to show ....

john

But during the week the kid was running up and down the ships stairs like no tomorrow... I just laughed, asked my daughter later if she knew who I was talking about, she said yes he used the crutches so they could get through checkin faster.. he had been joking to their youth group about it...

Just goes to show ....

john

With "parents" (and I use that term very loosely) like that, no wonder we are seeing such a growing number of children that have no respect for themselves or anyone else.

Just goes to show ....

john

Nice Family

LHP,

Thank you for your non-sarcastic reply. What you suggested is what I was planning on doing.

To everyone else, it was a reasonable question. Next time, if you don't like the question, just don't bother answering.

You are certainly welcome. However, if I am being completely honest, I have given more than my share of sarcastic replies in the past. So I want extra credit for being good this time!!! Host Randy...are you listening??? LOL

Most of the time people are just trying to be cute and it comes across as sarcastic, so I would not take to much offense. IMHO

I know you and your friends will have a wonderful cruise.

I meant to ask, is your VIP because of a Cat 11 or 12 suite or because you are Platinum members? I ask because if it is due to a Cat 11 or 12 suite, (and the OV was an additional cabin in the same reservation) they may accommodate you the way they do families who book a suite for the parents and another (lesser) room for the children. Just a thought!

Happy Cruising!!

Yes, We are in a cat 12 and I made the reservations for all of us.

I never take offense from people I don't know.

I have been on these boards a long time and the only concern I have is a new person may hesitate to ask a question for fear of being ridiculed.

Heck, those of us who actually paid for that particular privilege don't mind at all standing behind your friends in the VIP line!

Have you actually considered joining THEM in the non-VIP line so that you can board together? That would be the ethical thing to do.

My mom had VIP checkin because she is in a wheel chair- only one person could board with her. (left my dad with me and my son took her onboard)

Because you have the VIP check in- have your friends meet you up at the buffet once they are onboard.

It really isnt fair to have people that dont have the privilege of VIP check in to use it. The people that will be behind your oceanview friends "paid" for the service.

For your friends to go with you to the head of the line then be told they cant check in with you-- they will lost precious line space by wasting that time.

Make sure your friends fill out their fun pass right away. Then walk them to the regular check in line making sure their paperwork is ready. Then you can go back to the VIP check-in get your stuff done. And if you are worried about them just wait at the boarding station for them. We like having a cat.12 room and sail with folks who travel with us that do not. No big deal just point them to the right line with the right docs in their hand and meet them onboard.

Serene..........thanks for the information.........I guess we'll all stand in the regular line together. I definately want one of those group pictures as we're boarding.

ah, the group photo-- I forgot about those. Its one of the two I get each cruise.. that and ONLY one formal photo.

Besides-- if ya get to the pier before 11am you will be onboard by noon and wont need VIP check in anyways..

ah, the group photo-- I forgot about those. Its one of the two I get each cruise.. that and ONLY one formal photo.

Besides-- if ya get to the pier before 11am you will be onboard by noon and wont need VIP check in anyways..

Serene.........We will definately be at the ship by 11:00 am. We are having Super Shuttle pick us up at my house at around 10:00 or 10:30 (by the time we load all the suit cases in) and it should only take approximately 30 minutes to get to the ship. But yes, you're right, we have to have the "getting on board" group picture. That's a given. LOL

Archived