can anyone explain $89 insurance

skymama

I am going to book my ncl cruise later today, yeah, and I am going to get the insurance. Could anyone tell me where I could view what it covers and what it doesn't? I asked the ncl agent but...he was a little vague. Thank you.

I never use the cruise line insurance.

I have always used one particular company (travelex) because we have three kids that cruise with us. If the kids are under 16 at the time of buying the insurance, then their insurance is free.

Go to insuremytrip.com and you will be able to compare plans and coverages.

I agree with the above: If you are going through a TA, which you obviously have decided not to, book your own insurance. If you use a TA it sometimes pays to ask their opinion. You can still do your own, but you want to know what is and isn't covered. The cheaper the insurance, like any other insurance the less coverage you will have. It is up to you what you feel you need. NMnnita

I looked at insuremytrip and thought they had a lot to offer. The prices looked good. What type do you reccomend and/or what would be comparitible to ncl type offered.

The most important is the medical coverage outside the US. That could bankrupt you.

The rest is based on your needs and the risk you are willing to take.

I am not a travel insurance expert. Not many are.

The real issue is coverage for any preexisting conditions for you or a family member. Some cover, some don't, all have time limits from when you book and purchase the policy for coverage of preexisting conditions.

Basic coverage areas - medical including evacuation, trip cancellation, trip interruption, lost or damaged baggage.

On the Princess Boards, there is quite a comprehensive discussion presently regarding insurance.

The thread is a Survey, titled: "What Cruise Insurance Do You Choose, and Why"

Near the last page - or perhaps on the last page, there is a lengthy explanation of features on many of the most popular insurance companies;i.e.: Travelex, CSA, etc., and Cruise Line ins..:)

Being seniors, it was most important for us to know that Medicare, or our secondary insurance neither one cover us outside of the U.S.

Thus, the insurance does become pricey for a 17 day cruise for us to the Panama Canal.

Archived