Starting to Panic!

BlondyX

:eek: I am set to leave on Infinity on August 13th, and am starting to panic a bit. I have been so excited all along in anticipation of this cruise and was thrilled to read all of the wonderful reviews of how well Celebrity does Alaska and what a great ship Infinity is. I am aware of the pod problems and although I would hate it if our cruise was cancelled, I understand that things happen. I also have read about the Norovirus issues, and understand that that too is a challenge one faces when booking a cruise.

It just seems that the posts over the last couple of weeks regarding Infinity are filled with one horror story after another. Didn't anyone have a good time? I am one to make the best out of any bad situation, but was this even possible?

My brother is going the same week on Princess, and I was so sure that I had booked with the better cruise line, now I'm not so sure.

An Alaskan Cruise has been a dream of mine for years, and I am still looking forward to it, immensely. Perhaps I should stop reading these boards and just go with the "whatever happens, happens" attitude and stop letting posts freak me out.

But, I would like to hear that someone (out of 2000) had a good time!

I didn't do Infinity, but I was on the "problematic" Summit cruise of 5/7/06. I had a GREAT time. There are so many things to enjoy, that even if each and every one of them doesn't work out, you will have so many others... Your trip may not be perfect, and if you require perfection to have a good time, you may be disappointed. If you are satisfied, however, with excellent service, fine food, a wonderful ship, and a STUNNING destination, you will be very, very pleased.

BLONDYX,

We are going on the INFINITY this SEPT 3rd and if i were you i would not worry about a thing.

It's seems that a lot of people out there in'' cruise land" like to scare people to death but i think most of them are full of it.

I cruised over 40 times in the past years and during the past few years i read CRUISE CRITIC and almost all of the bad things people talked about never happened to me or i didn't see anything wrong with the cruise or ship that i was on and read about.

Take what you read with a grain of salt, isn't there a saying that goes something like and i probably have it wrong but belive half of what you read and nothing what you see.

JIM

Perhaps I should stop reading these boards and just go with the "whatever happens, happens" attitude and stop letting posts freak me out.

This is absolutely positively what you should do.. You are correct to note that over 2000 people go on a cruise (roughly). The vast majority of these cruisers (per trip mind you) have not heard of Cruise Critic, and are probably not even members of Cruise Critic. The percentage of bad reports over good reports/no reports is quite weighted in one direction... the positive direction. Only wheels that need grease squeak. The rest roll happily along. You should too. Enjoy your cruise.

We were on the June 4th Infinity sailing and have to say we had an absolute BLAST! The food was great, the staff was very friendly and we had incredible weather to boot!

As I have stated on other threads, if I have boycotted every travel company where we had a problem, I would be staying home all the time! Relax, go with the flow and have an awesome time!

:eek: I am set to leave on Infinity on August 13th, and am starting to panic a bit. I have been so excited all along in anticipation of this cruise and was thrilled to read all of the wonderful reviews of how well Celebrity does Alaska and what a great ship Infinity is. I am aware of the pod problems and although I would hate it if our cruise was cancelled, I understand that things happen. I also have read about the Norovirus issues, and understand that that too is a challenge one faces when booking a cruise.

It just seems that the posts over the last couple of weeks regarding Infinity are filled with one horror story after another. Didn't anyone have a good time? I am one to make the best out of any bad situation, but was this even possible?

My brother is going the same week on Princess, and I was so sure that I had booked with the better cruise line, now I'm not so sure.

An Alaskan Cruise has been a dream of mine for years, and I am still looking forward to it, immensely. Perhaps I should stop reading these boards and just go with the "whatever happens, happens" attitude and stop letting posts freak me out.

Blondy - We are on the same cruise (8/13) and my advise to you is to stop reading the posts and just be prepared to have a great time!!! We're on a beautiful ship, we're going to have great food, we're going at a great time of year and we're going to see beautiful places! I've wasted more than enough energy on all the negative posts (not to mention my poor hub's sanity) and I'm done! I didn't pay all this money to worry about having a bad time. Half the fun of a vacation is the anticipation of it and I'm letting a bunch of strangers ruin that for me. Enough! From now on it's all happy thoughts, good energy and a positive attitude.....we're going to have a FABULOUS vacation!!! See you on the ship! ;-)

Thanks Everyone. I do feel much better! :)

I have been on a couple of cruises before and have loved them both, and I didn't anticipate this one as being any different. I appreciate the feedback and I am going to start packing!!!

If it makes you feel better I have been on 5 Celebrity cruises and they were all wonderful- ships are beautiful! I have been on the Millenium and Constellation and they are the same exact layout. I have also been to Alaska four times (Princess, NCL) and if you like constant scenery from both sides of the ship, clean air and the feeling of being on the final frontier- this is the cruise for you.

Have a great time- just be glad they are resolving these issues now. I am sure you will have a wonderful time.

Archived