Stay night before cruise in Orlando or Port Canaveral?

brokenlola

Or some where in between?

Our flight doesn't get in until 9pm the night before our cruise, we are renting a car. Should we stay the night in Orlando or Port Canaveral/Cocoa Beach? Or since we will have a rental car, is there some where in between that is cheaper?

TIA, Jackie

The driving time from Orlando Airport to the ships at Port Canaveral is only 30-40 minutes. And there is nothing in between except the swamps of eastern Orange and western Brevard Counties.

So if you think you're going to be tired, stay at one of the many, many airport area hotels in Orlando. Or if you're a night owl, make the drive and stay in Cape Canaveral, the town adjacent Port Canaveral, or in nearby Cocoa. Keep in mind that once you land it will still be awhile before you get your baggage and get to your rental car.

BobK/Orlando

I'm looking for the same thing. My flight doesn't get into Orlando until 11:00 PM. By the time we get our luggage and rental car, it will be midnight. We are looking for a clean inexpensive hotel for the 5 of us. It really doesn't matter what amenities they offer since we will not be there except to sleep, get up and shower and then head to the port.

From what I have seen, the hotels at the airport are pricey, as well as the hotels at Coco beach. Does anyone know the towns that I should search for in between the airport and the port? I have seen less expensive hotels in the Disney area but that seems like I would be heading in the wrong direction.

Debbie

There are no towns between Orlando & Port Canaveral. We stayed at the Comfort Suites near the airport and it was very nice and not expensive.

Get to Port Canaveral in the morning.

Have fun, MaryAnn

Thanks MaryAnn,

I will check out the Comfort Suites but I do have another question. I understand that there are no towns between the two points, but are there any if I make a slight detour? I'm wondering if I could get off the main highway and without going too far, find a town in between?

Thanks again,

Debbie

No Debbie, when you leave the airport area of Orlando and go East towards Port C. The town area will just peter out, you will be on '528' also called the 'beeline' an interstate type road. When you get to the interchange with I-95,(about 40-50 min. away), then US1 there might be older motels (but I don't think so) then you continue E to the port area.

If you are arriving at night - all this area is pitch dark out of the town areas.

If you stay near the port it will be more expensive - overall- because it is a beach area, and , Orlando does have all price ranges because they have sooo many types of accomodations. I would economize in some other category of your trip and just find the 'most reasonable' price you can find.

Have fun & Good luck, MaryAnn

We get in around 9 pm (October 6th) the night before (are you coming from Albuquerque?) and I thought about getting a room near the airport. Instead I booked a room at the Radisson in Cocoa Beach for about $120 which includes tax. I thought about using one of the van services but it seems like it would cost about the same to rent a car and this way we can check out any sites around Cocoa Beach or the area. i was told there was a Budget drop off a block from the hotel.

Here are some hotels near the Orlando Airport. There is a Hyatt Regency Hotel INSIDE the airport which is generally very expensive but these others below are worth checking out on their respective websites. There are others but I've only listed those that tend to be less expensive. Finding a room that can support 5 adults could prove to be challenging but could be done if they offer rollaway beds. Please note that all these hotels are out the NORTH exit of the airport, not the south exit.

HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS - AIRPORT (on McCoy Road)

AMERISUITES ORLANDO AIRPORT NE (on Augusta National Dr.)

AMERISUITES ORLANDO AIRPORT NW (on Forbes Place)

DAYS INN - AIRPORT (on McCoy Road)

RAMADA INN & SUITES (on McCoy Road)

HAMPTON INN ORLANDO AIRPORT (on T.G. Lee Blvd)

HILTON GARDEN INN ORLANDO AIRPORT (Augusta National Dr.)

FAIRFIELD INN AIRPORT (Augusta National Dr.)

As has been mentioned, after you leave the Orlando Airport area and head east towards the port on TOLL 528 (Beachline Expressway, formerly Beeline Expy), there are basically no towns or exits and no facilities until you get to I-95 and the various exits along it.

BobK/Orlando

I have stayed at the AmeriSuites closest to the airport; less than a mile and they were very nice. They might be able to serve 5 people in 1 room. I had 2 double or queen beds and a sofa bed when I stayed. They also have a continental breakfast and free airport shuttle service. Budgets return in Cape Canaveral is only 1/4 mile from the port. Very convenient and they were very friendly and helpful. Have fun planning.

Teresa

Archived