Settling On Board Account

Did you see this?

http://www.ncl.com/more/fp_mi_w2n.htm#02

How do I pay for onboard expenses?

For your convenience, all shipboard expenses are charged to NCL's special onboard credit program. Sign up on the first day of your cruise, by establishing your method of payment with Visa®, MasterCard®, American Express®, Discover®, Diners Club®, travelers checks or cash. If you choose to settle your account with cash, a deposit will be required in advance. You may also use your debit card; however, please be advised that NCL obtains pre-authorization which some banks may hold for up to 30 days.

I remember reading something about this a few weeks ago - the cash deposit required was pretty large, it seemed to me. Remember it also has to cover your $10/person/day tips.

I just called them yesterday about this. They told me that I can use my debit card that they will hold $300 on it. If I was to use cash they would make me put down $100 per day. We are planning on putting $500 on my debit card for the on board account and using my husband's bank card for everything else, that we we keep everything separate from the cruise account.

Archived